Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Max Howard (SkiMax) hit the river today after catching bait. The day produced both quality and quantity with me new getting my new PB Blue. We set up on submerged timber after marking several nice arches on my graph. The day also produced my first Flatty of 2008, a nice 12 pounder. After landing 3 fish, a 14 pound blue, 12 pound flatty and a nice channel, Max landed a nice eater size blue. My outside rod totally slammed with a fish peeling drag. I set the hook and knew that I had a good fish when he continued to run line off the reel. After finally getting this fished turned, we played tug for a bit when Max netted him, my new PB, a 42 Pound Blue. All fish were caught on cut and small thread fin shad. All were released to fight another day. Thanks Max for being a great net and anchor man. rspd507

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I was pleased due to the conditions we had. high pressure system moving in, ENE Wind and falling river. Looks like the flattys are not far from turning on too. Thanks guys, rspd507

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on your new P.B. Ross ,Nice blue ! :cool2:
Pat,
Thanks alot, it was a blast landing that big boy. I'm just trying to reclaim my spot on the Hall of Fame that someone took from me:wink:. I'm looking forward to going out fishing with you sometime but with all this rain, Id say the river will be really crazy for a long time now. Talk at ya later, Ross.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's about all I was that day, although I heard there were some fish to be caught at the mouth. Wish we woulda thought of that! :big_smile:

I think I remember someone saying we should fish the mouth of that river. But Im not sure if they did or not:smile2: I just cant believe you wouldnt walk out and flip that running board on my trailer while I was trying to load the boat:smile2:. Anyway, we had a blast... lol

·
Registered
853 Posts
congrads ross on your pb glad to see someone can get out to fish. the ole-miss is way to wicked down here right now. so looking at those kittys id say that was a very good day. 42# down and looking for mr. 50#:wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.