Fishing report -Hudson

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Flightline, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Went fishing yesterday on Hudson and didn't do that well.:angry: Fished from the bank. But I watched a couple of guys on waverunners running floating jugs and they did pretty good. They ended up with about a dozen blues from 3-14lbs.

Can't wait to get my boat fixed so I can get back out there.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Anthony welcome to the BOC. You'll get onto the fish soon I am sure. Good luck!

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We fished most of the day on FT Gibson and only caught dinks. We tried a lot of different bait and the only thing they would hit was the Secret 7 dip bait.

4. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    These guys were using gizards. I was using Perch and shad. I caught a pissed off turtle:smile2: and a small channel. I did have one good hit and it broke my line immediately. :angry: figures..............

5. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    :big_smile:Welcome Anthony...get that boat fixed and get some of those blues. Good luck.

6. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I took the boys to Ft Gibson yesterday, we had a little better luck. Although it's not as big as what most of you guys post on here the boys were very excited! :big_smile:

Attached Files:

7. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    Flightline,
    Where on Hudson were you and the waverunners fishing?
    Keep taking those boys! And cherish every trip with them.

8. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We were just south of the strang bridge

9. Southern Woman

State:
    Texas
    :big_smile: Yes I agree. Do keep taking them Anthony. Our grandson is 14 and we take him fishing here on Ft. Cobb Lake when we can. He is into baseball and things of a 14 year old high schooler. Not many years left to fish with him so enjoying every moment.

Attached Files:

10. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    SW Thanks I plan on taking them every chance I get. I have four kids ! The oldest (11) likes to hunt, the other three (9) (5) (4) love to fish. We have just started jug fishing and we are hooked! My 9 year old told me the other day he wants to be home schooled one day a week so he can fish day and night. He is as bad as I am. lol :smile2:

11. Southern Woman

State:
    Texas
    :big_smile:That nine year old is quite a smart kid..maybe he don't need schooling. At least he is thinking...maybe just a chip of the old block..lol.

12. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    My friends and I jug fish close to the dam during the winter time and you can fill up your freezer in a hurry. It's about time to get started. Got some vacation coming up soon. With all the rain that's going on looks like the lakes are going to fill up again big time. I probably will spend some time fishing the pump back.

13. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hi, i went out on hudson today and drift fished some flats near 74 ft. water. it was a descent day with 10 blues caught. here is a pic. of the best one.

Attached Files:

14. rigrunner(236)

rigrunner(236) New Member

State:
    Ft Cobb Lake, Oklahoma
    That's a nice fish. What were you using for bait?

15. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was using shad, all i could find was small ones about 3 inches long. I sure wish i had some 8 in. ones, i believe i cound have done better with bigger cut bait.

Bill.

16. rigrunner(236)

rigrunner(236) New Member

State:
    Ft Cobb Lake, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info.