Fishing report from South Holston 7-3-08

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Dav, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest

Attached Files:

2. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good report... thanks sharing!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like some real nice fish, congrats

4. FishinTNbetter

FishinTNbetter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i live in kingsport and i have fished up at south holston a few times.. no luck. especially on catfish. can you give me any tips as far as bait or anything like that?

5. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Cody,
    First off welcome to the BOC.:big_smile:
    Are you fishing from the bank or a boat? I have my best luck on what can be found in the lake. If you can get some shad, blue gills, or some creek chubs I would start with that. Sometimes I have luck with only live bait, other times they seem to like fresh cut bait from the above mentioned selection. My last few trips the cats seem to have liked fresh cut blue gill heads better than anything else I offered them. Other times it might be live or cut shad, live or cut creek chubs and yet other times it might be any or all of the above. Shrimp can also be very productive for channel cats up to about five pounds.
    Location would depend on how you are fishing (boat or bank) and many other factors. Access to the lake if bank fishing, water levels, structure, and also time of year seems to make a difference (at least to me). I also pay attention to where the thermocline is.

Thanks
    David