Fishing report for the big sandy...well rickster pulls a big sneak attack..

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Matt_Clouse, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Matt_Clouse

Matt_Clouse New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well me and rickster decided to hit the ole big sandy river last night from 11 00 at night till almost 8 30 this morning the night started out sorta fast with bites coming quick(my best guess is the rising waters from all the rain we have had) we landed our first fish a flat head in about 15 mins it weighed 1.5 lbs(bought us a portable fish weigher) and then almost 30 mins later landing a small soft shelled turtle which sorta brought us down a bit fishing got slow for almost another hr b4 we landed a another channel cat in the 5 lb range which we thought was awesome when our luck usually runs dry.. at about 4 this morning rickster landed a another flat head weighing in at about 2.4 lbs...then at about 5 30 this morning the unthinkable happened rickys big game rod bent madly over his y stick he jerked and 12 mins later landed a gorgeous 32 lb flathead we r gonna try tonight were pike county got some rain and the rivers sorta rising and we will leave another report the 32 lber we will put a pic up of it after we take a nice nap we caught our fish off of nightcrawlers and shrimp and to everyone out there that fish was pictured petted and loved on for about 5 mins then released back for hopefully another fisherman to catch....wish us luck on tonights adventure

2. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    Sounds like a pretty good trip. What county do y'all fish in? I fish the Big Sandy some in pike county. We've had a lot of rain but I'll probably start back fishing in the next couple days.

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like it was a great trip and you had alot of fun. which was most important. it also resulted in a very nice fish. you doubled the pleasure. that is always great. myself, some of my best and most memorable trips i(we) didn't catch anything at all. great fishing!!

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am also looking forward to seeing the picture!

5. Matt_Clouse

Matt_Clouse New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well we had a blast and some of our best trips we dident catch anything like the time i got down in fishtrap spill way to catch shiners witha net not a good idea... but u guys will get the pic as soon as rickster wakes up we took the picture witha instafilm so i think hes gonna put that picture on his digital camera im heading out tonight with my bro rickys nephew to try and catch something and we fish floyd county big sandy near banner mostly or behind the sewer plant in prestonsburg

6. rickster

rickster New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea it was a pritty good lil trip i mean the whole night we talked to friends and u know juss had a good time. we really wasent fishing hard ya know then my pole juss bent but i cant wait for me first 70 to 80 lber but that 32 was fun to catch put up a pritty good fight but thanks you all

7. rickster

rickster New Member

State:
    kentucky
    heres the pics i think i did this right lol.

8. rickster

rickster New Member

State:
    kentucky
    file type to big but u can see it in my dp (display picture) so yea we had a good time and thanks agin

9. LarryE

LarryE New Member

State:
    KY
    we sure did get the rain here in Pike.. the river is still rising (garbage still floating in the middle) I'm sure it'll take a couple weeks for it to get back to good fishing level up around here.. :(

10. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Nicew fish Rick. I was planning on fishing a little stretch of beaver creek this week for bullheads and channels. Its really a good creek in places, but now the water is way high and its gonna be a while.

11. rickster

rickster New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea i know the water wasent up as high as it is now when we went know way we can fish with it up this high lol. but thanks for the catch and bever creek i have herd that was a pritty good place to fish might do some good but thank you all.

12. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Rick, way to go on a nice flatty. Vern

13. Katwrangler

Katwrangler New Member

State:
    Bonnieville,Kentucky
    Man, hearing those stories about Big Snady Catfish brings back alot of memories of when i was kid fishing it around Martin, in Floyd county..
    Grreat trip guys