Fishing report for Talley Bend area, Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MOWhiskers, Oct 24, 2007.

1. MOWhiskers

MOWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got off work by noon, On water by one, had bait and 20+ fish by 3:30, not bad for an afternoon of jackin' around. Water temp around 60 degree's with the cool evenings. Look out the fish are begining to bite. Shallow water is the only way to go with the wind:roll_eyes:

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Terry, sounds like a good afternoon, Welcome to the BOC !

3. MOWhiskers

MOWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Kirk, Thanks for the greeting. Lived in KC area for too many years moved down to Truman, this is now my backyard EVERY opportunity I get I fish, good or bad weather I am out here, fish are always biting, just gotta find them, and GOD do they taste good.:smile2:

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Terry. Sounds like were neighbors, tough place to live around the lakes but someone has to do it.:big_smile:
    Hope this wind dies down some day but it didnt seem to affect the fishing.
    Thanks for the report.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for the report, Terry. Sounds like you had a typically great day on Truman.

Any size to the fish you caught, or just numbers? Still fishing or drifting? How shallow?

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Terry sounds like you had a good day on the lake but as we know any day fishing is better then doing anything else. Troy your right someone has to be right here to enjoy the lake when we just geta a wild hair.

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to the Boc, sounds like a great day on the water

8. MOWhiskers

MOWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the welcome. Tell you what guys, off work till Monday got up and on the water by 7am, the neighbor's and I fought the 20 to 25 mph wind found the blues between 1' 1/2" to 4' of water, the fish are holding in the back waters and around structure, the further away from the main channel the better. Caught 29 blues today, anywhere from 3 to 9lbs. Neighbor's had a blast, never seen so many fish in their lives on rod and reel!!!!!!:wink:
    Water temp was 58 degree's consistant all day where we were fishing.

9. MOWhiskers

MOWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Forgot to tell you, no drifting involved, anchoring was not easy but it worked. Get the 35lbs anchors out of the water sucked!!! Almost always prefer anchoring to drifting, can almost always catch good blues on flats and transitions year round.

10. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the boc Terry it's good to here from you.

For those of you that don't know Terry, I can tell you this much. The man is an expert at shallow water catfishing. If he says he caught 29 fish in just a few hours of fishing trust me you can take it to the bank that he did.

I don't know if he,s still guiding any, but if you want to learn how to shallow water fish and ever get the chance to go with him don't pass it up.

Thanks for the Input Terry.

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good report Terry. Kind of a different way of fishing for me I have to admit. Sounds like its working really well. Would sure be intrested in learning more about the shallow water fishing pattern.

12. MOWhiskers

MOWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Steve, Nice to hear from you again, yes I am still guiding part time. Fish are really starting to come on again with this cool weather finally coming in, sure don't miss the 90 degree weather.

13. MOWhiskers

MOWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Had a very interesting day today,:crazy: Got to the boat ramp, met an elderly couple, told them I would get them some bait, their boat would not start:angry:, so I told them to get in the boat with us and fish, they did, caught 30+ including a 28+ blue. They had the time of their lives:smile2: and I had a great time watching them catch all of their fish and listen to their storys:big_smile:, which they told all day long:roll_eyes:. Got back to the boat ramp they had a flat tire on their boat trailer:embarassed: but their boat motor finally started for them. WHAT A DAY!!!!!!:big_smile::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink:

14. catfishmerle

catfishmerle New Member

State:
    Liberty, MO
    My dad, little brother, and myself went to Talley on Sunday. Had a good day by our standards. A big thanks goes out to Terry (MOWhiskers) for his advice and extra bait.

15. thibodeaujim

thibodeaujim New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thank you for the fishing report, Terry. I am just in Missouri for a short time, and am really looking forward to going out on Truman Reservoir and getting a close look at some of these blue catfish before I head back to Florida.

16. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the USCA Jim.
    By the way you are reading fishing reports from 2007. Not sure what happened to MOWhiskers he has not posted in a long while.
    The fish are still there though. Go get em!!!

17. BUDMEISER01

BUDMEISER01 Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Very good afternoon, congrats.

18. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a great day fishing....almost makes me want to get out of the tree stand. Welcome to the BOC.

Lots of old/newbies on here also. Where have you all been?