Fishing report,first dink this year

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Dredge, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Went out about 9:30a.m. to 2:00p.m. Bait was easy.Lots of Shad back in the creeks.Caught one dink,missed a hard take down.Ran me under a snag.Caught an Asian on worms.Didn't even know they bit.Anyways,they weren't hitting good and the wind chased us off.The water was whitecapping.Only way to fish was a cove on the Ill. side of the Mississ ippi,near the Mermac.Oh,the ramp is in good shape,by the way.Here's my fish.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
  2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    You didnt get skunked so it wasnt all bad. Bet that wind was tough to deal with. They just said we had gusts up in the high 30s. Glad I stayed home today.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the report Michael. How far up the creeks did you find the shad? We havnt had much luck on the shad lately. Grump and I spent quite some time in creeks tossing the nets and nothing. I'm wondering if we didnt run up far enough.

Thx for the info.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Seems to me this time last year during the flooding, a guy could find some catfish way back in them creeks also.:wink:

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We can usually find our bait pretty quickly out here, especially in the Spring. The bait isnt where we normally find it though. We arnt seeing ANY bait at all. WE probably just didnt run up far enough I would imagine. Thats what the club is for though, having fun, learning, and making life easier on catching bait :smile2:

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    My 'Thanks' button has been MIA all morning and I haven't even wore it out or anything, it is just gone.:sad2:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I've been having the same problem on occasion Skip and sometimes I click on Thanks, and nothing happens, it just dissappears. I'm sure Unka will have it fixed up in due time.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Wouldn't have anything thing to do with them damn Asian carp finally starting to show just how bad they are destroying the system would it? Time for the GWC to apply for a study grant and some of that stimulus cash........isn't it?:wink::smile2:

9. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I had to go up the creeks as far as I dared.Also,the shad are in the center of the water,not near the banks.I only had luck in the creeks downstream,towards the Mississippi.Nothing in the big one near the ramp.
    The water on the Mermac was 58 degrees,50 on the Miss.The head of the shad was best bait,don't know why.I'll try to go again next week,weather permitting.Hopefully,I'll get a good one.

10. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    atleast you got out, found bait and caughta small one:wink: still not a bad day overall

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Folks, when this happens to me, I click "refresh page" and it shows up right where it should.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I want to make it perfectly clear that until this Ultimate match is over, nobody, NOBODY, help Cuz out in finding bait or in any other way that could help his already feeble chance of winning.:wink::crazy::wink:

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well he was in Cabelas buying Lucky 7 and treble hooks with springs on them :smile2:

14. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    what about that guide he hired!!:roll_eyes::smile2:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Win we fishing Kutter man? I have an open invitation to use Ol Grumps Precious Barge, but I thought would be more fun if we could fish together out of the famous Kutters Katter head to head. We can just take turns pickin spots. I'll bring the hurricane shutters and umbrellas. :smile2:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    ssssssSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! :smile2:

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    So you and Kutter's bout won't be fished until what, Mid May at the earliest? :smile2: Doesn't it have to be like 75* for at-least 3 days?

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I think you are correct Randy, however his core body temperature must reach the normal 98.6 before he ventures out from the cave. That usually takes awhile. :smile2:

19. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

All the better for me. The longer they wait the better off I am as I face the winner. If I can hold the winner off till May I'll be in my new boat and it will be all over but the crying!

20. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

Yep! you'll be getting all them tears all over the deck of the new boat......:smile2: :smile2: