fishing report - Blue Catfish Action

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by seahaggy, Nov 22, 2008.

1. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have not caught any. I have not even been. Now that gas is down to where i can afford to go i will. Blues should really start feeding so dress warm and get out there maybe will run into each other. I'll bring extra hot chocolate.

2. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    It's never to cold for a "cold one" either....lol. Think I may be hitting the Ohio up tomorrow. Stay out till I catch a big blue or till my fingers turn blue!

3. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Nevermind....I had boat issues this morning and couldnt get out. Did get it started, just not till about 1:00pm. Just a word of advice to others. Get some of those "mickey mouse ears" for your outdrive and warm up your boat before leaving the house(esp. on a cold morning). My boat has never taking a crap on me before, had no reason to believe it would. But the fact I always warm it up before leaving saved me a pointless drive down to the river today.

4. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    keep that boat warm i never get a chance to go any more working 7 days week when spring comes i'm backing off work and do the important things in life. f i s h :big_smile:

5. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Thats sucks man :sad2:! Hope it pays off for ya though, get yourself a nice present next spring for all BS you went though. If I can make it though Xmas hoping to treat myself to a Hummingbird 997 SI.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing brother, I should be on the water soon myself.

7. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Dropped by Cannelton yesterday for a few hours and had a couple of light taps but overall conclusion was no fish! beautiful day and other than the occasional carp busting the surface you couldn't prove to me there were fish in the river. I know as a fisherman you will have these kind of days so I'm not discouraged and will try again next weekend! Good to know I am not the only one not finding the HAWGS!

8. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well we had our tourny in henderson yesterday and all in all it was a good day. had 7 boats and all but 1 caught fish. couple boats only caught 1 fish. me and adam a.k.a. catman didnt have a problem finding them. call it luck but we caught 12 cats and 1 stripper. we culled 7 fish to get the 5 we needed. but it wasnt enough. we got 3rd place.
    1st place was j.w. and sherman with 74+
    2nd was Audie Hammond with 71+
    3rd was me and Adam Winder a.k.a. catman with 67+
    i had big fish with a 45 pound blue.
    also was a 44.6 blue caught bye J.W. WOW to close.
    fish are there just hard to find.