Fishing report Bagnel dam Fri afternoon

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The big shad are thick on the wall 10 to 14 inchers. If ya can toss a 4 or 6 ft cat net left handed ya can fill a cooler with large shad in 15 min. Fishing was ok the cats are stuffed so bad from turbin killed shad they just nip @ baits. They was so full that their bellys were popped way out and hard. I caught 6 blues today all pan sized, 16 channels 2 biggest was 6 and 8lbs. Was fishen fresh shad guts and a 2 inch strip of cut shad in the hard water around the line on the generator side and down a lil in white cat eddy. Striper bite was off I think they stuffed on shad. The Massive shad kill commen thru the dam was 4 to 6 inch shad. If you can get up there it would be a good time to load a cooler with big shad to get shad guts from and make cut bait for winter and spring. Get up there the water is runnen hard. If anything ya can load up with pan sized cats.

2. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Welder,

I wonder if the same logic would hold true below the Alton lock & dam up here on the Mississippi? If I could cast for some Skipjack, and net some Shad? I know the River is way up, and surely flowing here.

3. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welder, you always have great reports and share with anybody on the BOC freely. I always enjoy reading the great info you have. I hope I can some time get up there, and get out there with ya, and learn.

Tip of the hat to ya man.

Wabah58

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I agree, thanks for the great report