Fishing Report 4 Saturday

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stlcatman, Feb 10, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well I got out of bed a little late, had to get home and change out the prop on my boat. My sister and her boyfriend Tony wanted to go with me so we loaded up and hit the river around 2:30. We didn't get to the spot until 3:30 thanks to the wind. We put in at Flam City and it took us around an hour to get down river to the spot that I wanted to fish. We set up and had a couple of bumps but no serious takers. We moved down to another spot a couple of hundred yards away and just before it was time to go the outside rod started doing the slow bend and I picked it up and handed it to Tony. I think my sister was asleep in the front of the boat. It put up a pretty good fight for a winter cat and it turned out to be Tony's first blue and his biggest fish to date. It weighed 20 lbs and was a really healthy Mississippi River blue. We only fished for about an hour had 5 bites and caught one fish, the temperature was 55 ( a little colder than that on the water) the water temp was 37* and the wind was blowing pretty good. There is not much wood floating right now but the wing dykes are under as of yesterday.

[​IMG]

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Congrats on the successfull outing and a new personal best blue. Nice Job.

That spot looks rather familiar :smile2::wink:

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sweeeeeet! Sounds like a great weekend - boat show and caught some fish!

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    That spot DOES look familiar don't it!:smile2:

Looks like we just missed you guys, I was out there yesterday, not fishing, but doing the initial break-in on my motor. That wind was kicking wasn't it.:confused2:
    Must be a whole lot of bait in the water right now too. I watched thousands of gulls yesterday in the 40miles of river we were on, just having a feeding frenzy. Seems the kittens all have full bellies too!:smile2::wink:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    How did you get that pic in the body of your post? Sorry, off subject but I'm trying to post something in the boat modification section and and I don't see the "insert image" button.

6. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ryan congrats on Tonys PB blue sounds like you guys had a good trip short but sweet.

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Indeed it should look familiar it is a certain spot that ole Cuz put us on Monday night. You know the spot where I hit a 22 and a 25 lber. Well I have to get my new fishfinder installed because I marked 4 fish in that hole. I know there are one or two more than that in there.:wink::smile2: and see I didn't even say anything about how many fish capt. dandy or the grumpster caught.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats, sure is a neat looking cold water fish, coloring is pretty cool. Branden just insert from IMG, on like photo bucket.

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I use photobucket, just start a free account and upload your image to photobucket. Then under the picture there will be three codes just click on the image code and paste it.

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    ROFLMFAO!!:smile2::smile2::wink:

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

So you noticed that did ya! LMAO

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Glad to hear the boat is river worthy again.. Sounds like you had fun..

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I was being a gracious host Mr Linus. Probably didnt dawn on you that the ledge was under you and Grumps corner of the boat. Now, that doesnt splain what happened to Grumster. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Oh sure. Just point the finger at 'Ol Grumpster. There sure wasn't a ledge at all 3 spots we fished! I am saving all "rat fishing" for later. The next time "ol yeller" folds over, she's gonna have one large hog attached to the end of her line!! ROFLMFAO!!:smile2::smile2::wink:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    ROFLMAO

OLD YELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Either that or a big old log that is floating down the river.. Remember Gary, YOU ARE THE SKUNKMASTER... hehehe

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I guess I had that one coming. Thanks for refreshing these guys memory. I was hoping they would've forgotten that by now.:smile2:

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey anytime.. I'm always here to be a helping hand for a friend in need... hehehe

19. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Cuz that was certainly gracious of you. I think 8 more hours out there (if it wouldn't of started raining) and heck the skunkmaster might of even accidentally caught one.:smile2:

Harold thanks, yeah she is floating and has a prop without a scratch on her. Heck I even took her by the car wash on the way home and purdied her up a little.

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I seem to remember ol Skunkmaster taking a 38 and a 64 pound hog in 2007 though :roll_eyes:

So the question of the day is, just WHO is the true Skunkmaster of 2007 LMAO:smile2: