Fishing report 4/23/08 Mississippi River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by stlcatman, Apr 24, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Went out on a great day weather wise. The river is still way up and most all of the ramps are still under. The dykes are about 20' below the surface. I was fishing with cut skipjack and the one fish I caught took a gut pocket out of a 2 lb skippy. The water temps are up to 59 degrees in the main river and I hit this fish in 40 ft of water at the base of a dyke. It was the first fish taken on my catfish safari river rod and it did the job. It was also my new PB. I was fishing by myself and when I held the fish up with the scale with two hands on my tip toes it read 48 but when I held it with one hand to take the picture it only read 41.9 so I am sticking with 48.:smile2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Ryan, congratulations on a nice fish.

3. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    sounds like you had a good trip.im hopin i can be lucky enough to hook into one like that this summer

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Nice fish. Who said fish don't like yellow rods.:smile2:

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice fish Ryan.Thanks for the picture.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ryan congrats on catching your P.B fish sounds like you had a mighty fine time and caught some nice fish, I have been wanting to fish the mississippi river for a while I have heard of some nice size cats being caught out of there, thank you for sharing the pictures with us keep up the good work and keep the big fish coming.

7. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Nice fish Ryan, congrats!
    Where did you put in at?

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Kenny, I put in at the Plattin Rock Boat club in Crystal City MO. It is usually the last ramp that will be useable in our area when there is really high or low water.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice fish congrats on ur catch

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Congrats on the nice catch! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

11. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Thanks for the info Ryan.

Do you have to be a member to use the ramp there and what are the hours, is
    it open late at night or alnight.

I been using Flamcity ramp and would like a ramp on the Miss.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    No problem Kenny, I too like the boat ramp at Flamm City. It is the closest to my house and is close to a great stretch of water. The only problem is that when the water gets high or too low it is un-useable.

The Plattin Rock ramp is a private club. The great thing about that ramp is that it is well lit, has a gate that closes at dark to protect your vehicles and in the summer has docks that they put in. It will cost you $200 the first year and every year after that is $40. They have meetings the first Wednesday of every month and you just need a member to bring you in. There are several of us in the area that belong to the boat club if you are interested just shoot me a pm.

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'll be at the next meeting to join.:big_smile: I bought the membership from the guy that won it in the drawing at the Cabelas tourney so PM me all of your 'local' waypoints!:wink: You know I'd do it for you!:smile2: SkipEye will be terrorizing your stretch of river this year baby!:roll_eyes: I mean.....Linus!

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    There are no dams down here Skip, we send all of our big fish up your way.:wink: Heck you don't want my way points, but I happen to have a bunch of Cuz's way points. How much they worth to ya.:smile2:

Seriously though come on down any time Skip I will show you what I know about down here. I could always use a lesson on catching hawgs up towards Alton. Rumor has it you might know a few spots to find some big fish up that way.