fishing report 4 10/25-26

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bdporch, Oct 28, 2008.

1. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ok caught 100's of crappie but also caught 5 nice cats all blues between 12-2 lbs on jugs that was 10-25 on 10-26 caught 3 blues on jugs fishing drop off betwen shallow bays and chanell these were about 20lbs and 2 4 lbers. caught all of em on cut bait didnt get a bite on shad was at comissary ridge fishing 9-11 feet of water about 7-8 feet deep with jugs. best bites came on blue gill heads. the cats are biting pretty well guys fishing there had 10-11 nice cats bout 4lbs each. good luck i post next weeks fishing results.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What lake are you fishing. I was thinking about trying for crappie but I have never fished for them in the fall. Always in down tree tops in the spring. Is there a different place to target for them in the fall.

3. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I am fishing commissary ridge part of Cross Creeks WMA and the best way to fish for fall crappie is to fish felled trees not the tops as in spring but downed trees in 3-7 ft of water they seem to be much closer to shore in the fall. My friend fishes st Sycamore Creek down by Cheatham dam and he does very well there, just a lot farther for me to pull the boat. By the way Commissary ridge is cumberland river but they call it lake barkley.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the catch brother

5. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report let us know how the next trip goes

6. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ok went to commissary ridge today caught 22 crappie but caught 5 nice channells on my jugs, al between 2-3 lbs. man the perfect size for eating. all caught on bluegill cut small, used skipjack keep catching turtles, tried shad caught zilch. used 8 jugs this time tried differtn bait best was cut gills. i post next weks report here good luck and good fishing.