Fishing report 3-11-06

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by FishMan, Mar 11, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Today I had the best worst fishing day of my life. Yes I said best worse LOL
    Fished from 8 to 3 and never got a single bite I think it was the fault of the bluecatnut, he was the only thing different in the boat. However after a long winter it was great to be out there not catching fish. The one sad thing is I am trying for a new personal best and so far my ( And this is the bad part ) personal best is great big, giant 7 # channel LOL Oh well one of these days I will.
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, well maybe I can

Good Day
    Danny

2. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for report FishMan. Sorry they weren't there. I'm still chasing crappie down here in Chattanooga, but the water is warming fast. I found some 60 degree water today. Those old cats should put on the feedbag soon. And actually we did catch a couple of bonus channel cats while trolling for crappie today. Charles Brewer and Tim Vaughn (l-r, attached). We had 23 keeper crappie and the bonus cats. A few of the crappie were monsters. Actually I don't think we pulled the biggest ones out of the box for pictures. No pattern on the fish... we caught some over 14 feet of water, others in 8 and still others in 4 feet. They're really scattered.

Attached Files:

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    today we fished from bumpus mills marina to dover island on the cumberland river. water temp. was 53 to 57 and air temp. was 65 to 75. Wind speed was 10 to 20 MPH. They didn't bite on anything we tried. skipjack,shad, or shrimp. no deal, maybe next time.

Danny

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    danny i see how it is while were at it lets blame me for jimmy hoffa's disapperance also :) i had a really good time to bad the fish had lock jaw it was good meet you and ur brother to day have you heard from whistler and them yet

5. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went to the dover boat ramp and watched the weight in 2 fish that weighted 60 some pounds won i think there were about 6 fish weighted in all together.

6. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Arlington..... if they will get the water up at centerhill we might be able to start fishing!!!! LOL. It is slowly but surely coming up, and as of last week the water temp is 55 in the creeks and 51 in the channels. It's getting there.

7. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    bluecatnut if you soak that bate in sourmash it will get a big blue or drink insted you want care.

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Danny, it was great to meet you. We'll do some fishing sometime. Just gotta set it up. I don't think we had two bites all day. Must have been Dusty's fault for us too. LOL We'll talk soon and set up a fishing day. But you gotta make it so your boat is visible. Just seing a motor and a bunch of guy's heads is strange. That camoflage really works on your boat! LOL

9. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    when fishin yesterday and cought 4 blues weights 12 14 11 7