fishing report 2-3 08

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by russ, Feb 3, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hi e1, a few weeks ago a new member made a post asking about fishing the mississippi river down by new madrid, i pm him told him that i would take him out soon as i got my boat back. well today i called him joey (djh1) told him that i was going out for a while & if he wanted to come along id show him what i do see if that help him out. we when up creek to get some shad, showed him how to throw the net, i think hes about got it now, just needs to work on it a little more, but he did get it up a few times. then we went down river. show him a few spots i fish, we got set up & a few min. went by when he got a bite, it was a 8 pounder, about 15 min later i got a 14 pounder, we moved around looking at a few spots, set up, he got a bite & a battle, this turned out to be his pb. 34 1/2 pounder. should have seen that smile:big_smile::big_smile: nomore than got the pics. & that line back in, he got a 16 pounder. joey it was great haveing you along, your off & running now good job. here are a few pics. of joey and his fish.

Attached Files:

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Russ you just described what this brotherhood is all about.
    Now when are you bringing me to your super secret spot so I can catch a 34 lb. blue.:wink:

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    dave come on down, the fishing is always good down here. even when we dont get any hogs we all ways get a few.

4. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Rusty you done a nice thing showing him how to throw a cast net and where to catch his PB. Thats what the brotherhood is all about. Now you will have to be carefull he don't out fish you.:big_smile:

5. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gotta thank Rusty for a great time, the man definetely backed up his claims!! Had a lot of fun rusty and learned a TON this afternoon. Next time you need somebody to go, you got my number.:wink:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report and pics Rusty! :big_smile: Way to help out a fellow B.O.C. member and congrats to Joey on the new PB! :cool2:

7. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks for the report and pictures Rusty great job, congrats to Joey!

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Russ and Joey! Congratulations on a new PB. Russ thank you for all of the information that you give out so generously and way to go on putting another person on their personal best fish this year. Reps to you Russ!

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Its always good to help someone, I went out today caught one 10# wish it was more.

10. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Congrats on the good day of fishing russ and it is great of you to help out a fellow member of the BOC and help him get a new PB as well.

11. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    way to go. nice to see someone out there catching some. a little to cold still for me. lol

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice blues, Russ.

13. bull68dawg

bull68dawg New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wtg guys always nice to take someone with you and they pick up a PB.....

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Rusty very nice thing you did thats what the BOC is all about! Joey congrats on your new pb!

15. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Way to start out the year! Reps to you Rus for helping a brother out!

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on a great day fishing with a BOC Brother. Thanks for the report and the pics :cool2:.

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Way to go guys...those are some nice ones there.:crazy:

18. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Way to go Russ. It is hard to learn how to fish the MS River and always good to have someone who has the knowledge help out someone just starting out. Reps to ya for that.

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    nice job joey, And thanks for the story rust & getting joey on some fish

20. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    way to go guys that's great:big_smile: there is nothing better than putting someone on their personal best....congrats to the both of you!!!