Fishing Report 12-27-09

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Madtom, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Went out this morning at 0700 and holly crap there is some stuff in the river. Got our bait it did take a hour and a half. We found them schooled up and made 2 cast and got around 30 nice cutters. We headed down river looking for current. Had to ride a ways bc incoming tide and the high water had it stopped for miles on the river. We tried fishing a little differnet than I normally do. didn't work out. So went back to the same patern new spot and BAM 60 lber in ten mins. We did manage some 30's and a million 20's. My arm still hurt from reeling in all of those little fish. All in all a good day. I guess I am spoiled bc I feel like we could have done better.
    If you plan on fishing the river in the next week don't bother trying to fish before or after dark the stuff is bad. I mean all the way to the Windmill point. Be safe tight lines.

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congratulations on a great day and that nice 60 pounder.

I ran across the river to Dick's for some of their half off camo. (New gloves and facemask for Ken!)

The river at Bosher Dam above the Wiley Bridge is rolling, muddy, and ugly. I saw lots of wood still coming down the river. I am planning on going Thursday if the weather allows. I had a good day back in November when the river was in flood.

3. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Great job. I love those days when your just wore out from pulling fish in (big or small).
    I plan on being out there at least 3 days from Wednesday though Sunday so hopefully can get a few nice ones.
    See ya'll on the river.

4. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    sounds like greta day fishing in my book, Congrats

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    You guys are absolutely spoiled rotten:smile2:

Complaining about reeling in too many little 20lbers!?!?! That's absolute crazy talk. Everyone around there should be grateful for such an awesome fishery.

Congrats on the spectacular trip!

6. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

Bluebruiser@Jmestwn New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ive fished that area quite abit from shore..My PB 72lbr came i believe across the water in your photo...nice fish..im overdue..

7. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    we are spoiled brother, at least I am, decided to retire up here instead of moving back down to Fayetteville.
    I must admit that during the spawn its slow but gotta love the cold/cooler weather fishing up here.
    Drop me a line if you wanna come up and do some fishing.
    Mike