Fishing Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by gargoil77, Jan 20, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Does anyone use or know anything about either of these two combo's?

Bill Dance Catfish Combo (Quantum) $30.

Bill Dance Hawg (Zebco) $30.

I'm wanting to get a new setup but a divorce cut back my income. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Try the Catfish Connection(one of our sponsors) they have American Spirit, Eagle Claw, Okuma, and Zebco combo's from $23.30-$70.95. Your shipping should be 2-3 days from IN. I've never used either of the combo's you have stated, so I can't give an opinion.

Good luck on your search.

Ray

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Thanks Ray for your input. I've heard that what you pay for is what you get. I have a $20- gift certificate for bass Pro and what I want the most is a new rod and reel for catfishing. I really don't want a cheap one but I think I'm going to have to settle. if catfish connection had something similiar that would last me 2 or 3 years i'd get it and get what I want after that then use the gift for something else. I'm just confused on what to get. I don't want junk but...just a couple of years would do me good.
    I love Catfish Connection. I've bought things from them before and you really can't beat the prices. Right now I'm using poles that I would use for catfish or panfish. They work fine but I want something that I can use in rivers instead of lakes. Thats what I fish in mainly.
    I just got their catalog so I guess I need to really think about it.

4. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

You are quite welcome. I really like the American Premier rods, and have in the last year became a fan of Abu reels. I now have 5 of the baitcasters. E-bay may not be the best option, but it saved me at leaast $150 compared to retail price, and only one reel came with any problems, but a new handle was fairly cheap. Good luck on your search.

Ray

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I think I'll go with the eagle claw cat claw combo that is from catfish connection. After casting a baitcaster and not knowing that you had to stop it with your thumb, I never casted it again after seeing what happened.

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Good luck with your new combo.

Ray

7. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    The quantum combo isn't a bad choice for a mid range cat rig. I own one and have caught a few fish. The biggest being a 38 lb blue and it was a chore. I use baitcasters religiously now. My wife now fishes with that bill dance combo and she loves it. Pm me and I may be able to save you some cash.