Fishing reels at walmart

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by godsglad8tor, Jun 7, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i know our walmarts might be different from state to state, but does anyone have any reccomendations on brand of reel and model ?

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have a Abu 6000 that I got from Wal-Mart its a good reel for the money.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I'll 2nd this motion

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree. I have an Abu 6000 thats about 7 years old and a couple 6500's that are 3-5 years old and they are all good reels. Just be sure to clean and grease them. Pair one of them up to an ugly stick from there and its a great combo!

5. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    I have the abu 5500 and 6000 from there also WORK GREAT!!!! and colby has the Zebco 606 combo and a 808 combo from there ><> :cool2:

6. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    thanks guys for the info ill check it out

7. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    If the abu are gone- which there is a good chance they are great, you can try out the shakespear model. THere are a couple bait casters but I do believe there is only one with a clicker!!

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    They only have the red 5000/5500 (Made in Sweden) at my local Walmart. Paired up with a pole for $50.

Not really what I'm looking for, but I might pick one up one day to use to catch bait and small cats.

9. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    The tidewaters they have a junk.

I got 3 penn 209's off ebay for 60 bucks and am very happy with them.
    I had the tidewaters and I hated them.

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Like Charles and the others said. Just get a abu 6000, and be happy! You won't go wrong. Take care of it and it will last you for years.

11. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    Any of the round abu garcia baitsasters will work.

12. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    im not familier with a clicker, what does it do? will it say comes with clicker or something on the specs?

13. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Mikey on the package it will say "line out alarm"....ya put the reel in free spool, put the clicker "on", and it gives a click sound that means yer in business; Mr. Fish is running or just picked up yer bait....keeps the outfit out of the water, gives ya time to pick it up before the fish pulls the rig in. Nothing sader than the sound of a nice outfit hitting the water. Folks who use circle hooks don't use em, but the rest of us "prop em up" folks do. I watched a fella prop up a brand new ABU with a nice rod over the top of his cooler, also new, one day. As he was baiting up another rig the new one went into the lake with the cooler too....he got the cooler back wading out to get it, but the reel and rod; gone. Spooky an sad.

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have two of the abu 6000's, a couple 5000's some 6500's, they are all awesome reels, all from wallyworld. sometimes they put the abu's on clearance too.

15. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    The reels available at Walmart are basic for the general population. The better reels Abu puts out are available on their international program.

16. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    they are building a new bass pro shops near where i live, should i look there or ebay or online?

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Do you have proof? I dont think there is a difference in the reels at Wally world. Can you imagine the cost for 2 different production lines why would any company want to deal with that?

18. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Walmart abus are good. Ive used them bass fishing for years. Just started hunting ol wiskers and like my 6600 C4. good luck and tight lines.