Fishing radio?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DANZIG, Mar 16, 2008.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    My little radio I take fishing is about on it's last legs, Gonna need a new one.

Any recomendations?

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I picked up a little one, smaller than a folding cell phone, with those individual ear headphones for about 3 bucks. It fits in the tackle box real nice.

My wife laughed at me giving 3 bucks for it. I guess Walmart had them for a buck, she used them for stocking stuffers last Christmas. lol

In my camper I have a small Grundig shortwave that works great. All kinds of odd ball stuff on it in the middle of the night.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "a little one, smaller than a folding cell phone,"

That would be a bit smaller than I like and I have seen way to many of those Slasher movies to be comfortable with earphones. (look out! he's right behind you !! LOL:smile2:)

I need it small enough to fit into a backpack with the rest of my junk, AM/FM would be fine.
    Not too awful expensive, I am pretty rough on them.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont know what you want to spend but my lady bought me a wind up flashlight -and radio-its a Jensen-works well so far.you can put batteries in it also........

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id reccommend one of those shower radios. I have on that is a cd player and radio.It runs on D batteries and is extremely water resistant. I bought it at a garage sale so I am not sure what they cost. Electronics are getting pretty cheap these day so it probably not too expensive new.

6. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got me a nice little midland am/fm weather radio, its pretty nice, i can sit there and listen to the ball game and check the weather!

7. psdisme

psdisme New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here's one I found on Amazon. Comes in at around $40. 4 way power with a

8. psdisme

psdisme New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here's one I found on Amazon. Looks like it's pretty handy. 4 way power, AM/FM/Weather. Do a search on: Kaito KA009

Or who knows, if you're good, your brother in KY may find something hiding in his closet! :smile2:

9. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I enjoy the quiet of fishing, but i do have a vhf radio that has a weather alert on it, when you do get a radio make sure it has a weather alert with it, you never know when that freak storm comes in.

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "when you do get a radio make sure it has a weather alert"

LOL!! Why start now? Even though I try to keep a close watch on the forecast and keep a weather eye, I have been busted by so many surprise storms I think it just another day!

Got nailed out to the trout pond just the other day, before I could get my rods in, my shoes were full of ice cold rain.(and they were probably the driest part of me) 30 mph + wind and what felt like a 20 deg temp drop. Joy, joy!

Seriously, weather band I would like but from the reviews of the ones I looked at so far, in the price range I want, all were rated poor on tuning the weather bands.
    Summer time, If I am concerned, I switch to AM and listen for the lightning.

11. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Darn! That Kaito looks nice!
    Several $$ more than I want to spend but I may have to think about that.

12. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    BTW Welcome to the board Shawn!!:big_smile:

This is the fellow who took my avatar picture.

13. Jiggin Boy

Jiggin Boy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Depends on how much you want to Jam,but I've always used just a little pocket radio,2 AA batterys and its cheap.

14. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  15. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I don't use a radio but it would not work for me anyway, in my area there is not a station I like to listen to while fishing so I just don't bother. if anything I like to get me an mp3 player and bring tunes I like.

16. psdisme

psdisme New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks! And Danzig took my avatar pic. You can tell that we were fishing the same holes! LOL!:smile2:

17. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "You can tell that we were fishing the same holes!"

Howz that?
    From the size of those gargantuan leviathans we captured??:wink:

The river level dropped 4 feet when I pulled mine out!!:smile2::smile2: