Fishing possibilities in Nebraska?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by fishinjunky, Apr 9, 2006.

1. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i think us nebraskans should get together and fish a couple days a week on the river. it sure beats fishing alone and would up the chances of a big fish being caught. really i just need a fishing buddy but i think it would be cool to get a group together.

2. strohcephus

strohcephus New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Zach,

I'd love to fish with ya, it's just the 300 mile drive that sucks....:rolleyes:

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I'll be back in August. I live in Bellevue, stationed at Offutt. Myself and TA2D fish a lot where I'm originally from near Auburn.

SudDawg

4. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I won't be back until mid August. I live in Bellevue, stationed at Offutt. Myself and TA2D mainly fish where I'm originally from which is near Auburn, NE.

SudDawg

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Maybe when SudDawg gets back a couple of us Huskers can go out for a night of good fishing!

TA2D

Aaron

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Sorry about the double post. Can't wait to get back.

SudDawg

7. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    You are just trying to catch up to me.... I know your little scheme! Sounds like a plan, find a good weekend and FISH IT UP!

8. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I would be willing to get together and go. The only problem is my days off are during the week instead of the weekend. Just give me a hollar before you go and I will see.

9. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    I'm game, as long as I'm not up in Alaska yet.

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Looks like three of us work shift work. Douglas_413, TA2D, and myself all work LE or Security, so planning this is going to be tricky.

SudDawg

11. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i am going to head out on friday, from about 7:30 till' 1 or 2 a.m. or all night if the bight is hot enough. i will be on the platte outside of louisville (15 minute drive from omaha) if anyone wants to come give me a hollar. if timing is an issue i could go from 4 p.m. till whenever. i will be going saturday and possibly sunday also. saturday, 8 p.m. till next morning and possibly the rest of sunday.

12. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well this weekend was a blast between friday and sunday i fished 40 some hours. the platte was still running a little high. my usual little honey hole was just regular current so i went further downstream where a large pool becomes a long shallow run. but what i forgot is that the platte is always changing. where the shallow run was supposed to be their was an eroded bank and really fast current on the outside of it but on the inside it was a large eddy pool. i used old cut bait, worms, and turkey liver. no luck on cutbait or liver all on worms. the end result was 36 pan sized channels ( one 5 pounder), 3 sturgeon, a tiny carp, and countless gar. usually i tangle with blues and flatties in this area but nothing on this outing. all in all a good trip.