Fishing Pontoon

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Don Wessling, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Just bought a fishing pontoon with a bad motor. Nice tritoon in good shape with a new trailer and front and rear fishing decks. Bad news is motor was partially submerged for a few months and crank and 2 conrods are pitted, along with 2 pitted cylinder sleeves. Any one know of a 94 to 96 90hp Mercury motor with a siezed piston or bad electricals? If you know of something, PM me, or post on this site. I'm all revved up to break my strange hold on bank fishing. Thanks.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats on the find! sounds like a nice rig.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Don't know if it will help, but I've got a mid-80s model Mercury, 85hp, that's in great shape except for the wiring.

4. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Don, I bet Nancy is out looking for a motor as hard as you. Pontoon boats are great for spending hours on the water. Good luck on the motor, I will keep my eyes open for a Mercury 50hp to 90hp. I can see it now Don Wessling, Bigcat Garry and Bearcat drifting through the old river channel on Caryle Lake. Those catfish are in for some scars on their mouths come Catstock time.:wink:

5. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    will keep and ear open...sounds like you ran across a good deal buddy...I know you guys will enjoy her

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I'm wanting to upgrade my toon also, I have a 95' 70hp force I want to go bigger. How much for the 85 Jerry??

7. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Nice find, I've never had a pontoon, but I've often considered one. Enjoy it

8. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    did u find a motor yet?i asked this dude the other day,we r going back today to finish his walls,i will ask him,its a 90 as well,i will pm u.

9. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I have not found a motor yet, but I am slowly running across used parts to rebuild my motor. It seems there are different versions of the Mercury 90 which are not compatible with each other. I talked to a mechanic from another boat shop and he said they had a 90 there that may possibly give me enouch parts to complete this project.

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That's cool Don. I hope it does work out for you and you can get her running.

11. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    That's good to hear, I'm ready to start reading some post with pics of the boat and the giant cats caught out of it!:big_smile: