Fishing pontoon wanted

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigblue1, Jun 8, 2009.

1. bigblue1

bigblue1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now that I sold my Key West. I can't seem to find a descent used pontoon or tritoon for sale anywhere. Any leads would be appriciated. I know alot of you fish from pontoons and I'm wondering what models are easiest to modify into a year round catfish slayer. Thanks

2. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    IMAO some things I would look for if I had it to do over would be: at least 24" toons, at least a 24' boat, make sure the deck covers all 24' of the boat (not 16' of deck on 24' toons), and a removeable enclosure already on it. and I'm waiting on a call back to see if a tri-toon is still for sale for ya:wink:

3. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I understand they is nice pontoon (tri) for sale at Angel Landing. Not sure how get up with owner but you might call Angels and they could tell you. Good luck

5. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am not sure where you are located, but this guy in Little Mtn SC usually has OR can get most anything used you want.
    Website is: http://www.aholeinthewater.com/

His name is George Warren
    2136 US Hwy 76
    Little Mountain SC 29075
    803-945-9157
    Tell him I sent ya, you will get a 10% off coupon (not really) :roll_eyes: but worth a try

6. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    LOL Small world. :roll_eyes: I bouught a toon from George a while back. Good guy for sure.
    You live on Murray?

7. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    i have a 24' toon , and i love it ,one piece of advice ,they are hard to find but if you can find a U shaped toon buy it , they are a whole lot more boyant and they are solid filled with styrofoam, i carry 3 deep cycle batteries a 24gal gas tank and a 130 gallon live well and you can't tell it by the way it sets in the water. i have had both round and U shaped toons and now i only have U so you do the math:big_smile: they were made in the 80 by playbouy and if you was to cut the toon up the metal is double the thickness of a regular toon , just my 2 cents worth

8. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    Big Blue,

I just talked to George. He only has an older model on the lot, 1993.
    Give him a call and tell him I sent you.

His name is George Warren
    2136 US Hwy 76
    Little Mountain SC 29075
    803-945-9157