Fishing Polk County

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by zebtmoney, Jun 20, 2008.

1. zebtmoney

zebtmoney New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hey i'm looking for someone to go fishing with, Like to fish easter lake, petoka, don't fish big creek much, or sailor ville. I'm able to go anytime Wednesday or Thursday, night or morning fishing the rest of the week. If anyone fishes easter lake pls hit me up i'm looking for a place to reel in some pan size cats.

2. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I fish Petoka 2 times a week lot's of pan size channel cat's in there.

3. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Im always up for fishing....unfortunately my fish don't fit in a pan!

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I live two minutes from easter lake, I have been fishing for bait there quiet a bit lately, I know there are alot of channel cat there but I have never tried for them, I think pan size is all your going to get at that lake.

5. zebtmoney

zebtmoney New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hit up petoka at 3am on thursday got me a really nice nice bass, 18 inches, what do you use at petoka for cat? I hit up easter lake friday night about 12am fished past the spill way nothing, fished by the bridge got a walleye to small to keep. Haven't had any luck for any cat, just crappies and bass mostly

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome to the BOC Dakota,I have some Friends that have fished Big Creek and they have had good luck catching some nice channel cat, also the Bridge Brothers Drink Beer and catch some Dinks :wink: off the bridges in downtown Des Moines,They might let You hang around with them if You Buy the Barley Pops.They should be along perty soon and chime in,I think there names are Adolph and Rudolf,or something like that. J.D.

7. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Liver's are the bait to use.........

8. zebtmoney

zebtmoney New Member

State:
    iowa
    i have an uncle that fishes the scout street bridge everyday for about 5 hours in the moring, i might it up with him around afternoon what time do they head out?

9. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Dakota -

I am one of the alleged bridge brothers - guilty as charged LOL

We do a lot of night fishing. Flathead Steve is the other... We usually head about around 11:30pm or Midnight a few nights a week. PM either one of us if you are interested, we fish a lot of different places lately waiting for the water to go down...

Tight lines!

10. zebtmoney

zebtmoney New Member

State:
    iowa
    yeah i'll hit you up next week this week moving to a new house which is a bitch