fishing pole

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by hillbilly25002000, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    anyone know of a good cheap fishin pole i broke mine this week fishin and i need a new one before the tourney starts my old one cost me the big fish

2. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Me thinks the problem could be trying to combine too many words together...............IE..........Good, cheap fishin pole? Pickup a decent rig with decent line and you wont be sorry when the big one comes.

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    shakespeare study stiks. under 20 bucks. tough.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I think Doug gave you some good advice there Jimmy. So lets hear the story about the big one that got away. Where you fishing with the esteemed 30K and 3 fillets?

5. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Check out your local Wally World, they have the Catfish Ugly sticks and the Berkley Big Game sticks both of good priced and work well in the river systems.

6. hillbilly25002000

State:
    missouri
    i was out at howell island by myself and i hiked up the chute and threw out about 300 feet and set the clicker about 20 minutes later the clicker was makin a little noise so i went over to the pole it then dropped and the fish was hooked i guess i had the drag to tight and didnt tire the fish out enough i pulled a little and he must of made a run for it then i heard a snap and got hit in the face with half of the pole

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Jimmy I'm pretty sure I have a rod or 2 you can borrow to get you by for awhile. I'll check in the morning and let ya know. :wink:

8. hillbilly25002000

State:
    missouri
    thanks cuz i could use the help i just need to get the cash together so i can get mine i just dropped $400 on my exhaust on the old ford

9. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    ask him to throw in a tackel box and some line (he's feeling generous )
    all i ever get is a hard way to go

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I do have a couple extra rods, but burned off the last of my power pro respooling the other day. My next two weeks are insane, but I'll find a way to get em to ya in do time my man. I have a new Surge Elite ordered for River Rat, so when I get him his new rod, you can use the older Surge I loaned him. I've got to fly all weekend, and recurrent training in florida coming up, so I'm going to be pretty busy but I'll work something out.

11. hillbilly25002000

State:
    missouri
    that's not a problem im not in a hurry