Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to figure out where in the world i could find a display case for a old river pole i bought when i was a kid.have had it for over twenty years now and its got a heck of a story with it.does any one on here have such a thing?where did you find a display case for it?

· Registered
2,137 Posts
It would not take much to build one. Plexi and lexan are easy it get now a days and it can be cut with the standard plywood blade on a table saw too. Only other thing you would need it the wood of your choice, hinges, and what ever you want to finish the wood with.

· Registered
7,332 Posts
i am trying to figure out where in the world i could find a display case for a old river pole i bought when i was a kid.have had it for over twenty years now and its got a heck of a story with it.does any one on here have such a thing?where did you find a display case for it?

Tom how long is the rod??

I would agree with Kyle & Dan it would be eaiser to build something instead of trying to buy/find something
to display it in.

· Registered
4,472 Posts
I said a bit pricey.:wink:
How long is the rod and is it a spinning or casting rod? Are you wanting to display it with a reel? If its under 10 feet and is a casting rod with no reel the pipe wouldnt be too bad.
I was thinking the pipe, mainly as protection for the rod. Apparently the rod means something to you so the more protection the better.
I have my Dads old rod and would love to have a nice display for it. Bad thing is the rod is 14' one piece.:laugh: So it hangs in my garage. I see it everyday though and it always bring back memories.
My Dad used to have a 14' piece of pvc mounted to the top of the truck. One cap was glued and the other had a lock on it. He would take the reel off and lock the rod inside the pipe. I bet no one ever knew there was a fishing rod in there.:laugh:
http://www.clearpvcpipe.com/clearpvcpipe-schedule40.aspx

· Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I said a bit pricey.:wink:
How long is the rod and is it a spinning or casting rod? Are you wanting to display it with a reel? If its under 10 feet and is a casting rod with no reel the pipe wouldnt be too bad.
I was thinking the pipe, mainly as protection for the rod. Apparently the rod means something to you so the more protection the better.
I have my Dads old rod and would love to have a nice display for it. Bad thing is the rod is 14' one piece.:laugh: So it hangs in my garage. I see it everyday though and it always bring back memories.
My Dad used to have a 14' piece of pvc mounted to the top of the truck. One cap was glued and the other had a lock on it. He would take the reel off and lock the rod inside the pipe. I bet no one ever knew there was a fishing rod in there.:laugh:
Clear PVC Pipe and Fittings - Alsco Industrial Products - Clear PVC Pipe-Schedule 40
she is a 1980's 6 foot one peice lime green ocean city river rod with a wood handle.it had a reel on it back in the day but it was gutted on the river along time ago and hasnt had one since

· Registered
7,332 Posts
Tom it might be your luckly day.

I have a 8 ' x 3" acrylic tube.Its new never used.

Its yours if you want to come to Topeka and pick it up.

I would only do this because you are a BOC member, and i know how you like to collect things and
i want to see you keep that pole in good condition.

Let me Know..

· Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom it might be your luckly day.

I have a 8 ' x 3" acrylic tube.Its new never used.

Its yours if you want to come to Topeka and pick it up.

I would only do this because you are a BOC member, and i know how you like to collect things and
i want to see you keep that pole in good condition.

Let me Know..
is acrylic clear?if so i would like to have it and thanks a million in advance

· Registered
7,332 Posts
Yes its a clear tube..Brand new....3" dia by 8' long.You can cut it to size.
You could make some hangers or something to hang on the wall or how every you are planning.

Tom your quite welcome to it.

Tom you can PM me so we can meet somewhere.

· Registered
7,332 Posts
Hey Tom did you not say you would meet at the bait-hut in Topeka yesterday at 1pm??

I was there waiting for 45min and you never showed up??

I even left it there with Don to give to you if you were running late.But i called him this morning
and he said you never showed up.He was open until 6pm yesterday.
So I went pack over there today and picked it back up.

If you changed your mind or something wish you would of at least called me.

· Registered
3,248 Posts
Dont feel bad Tom, he left Shelby and I sittin at the hotel parking lot by Bowersock for an hour and never showed. Never got a call or an apology message or anything. The next time we talked to him, he said he forgot to set his alarm clock. Then there is the 10 lbs. of fresh pork he was supposed to bring to the Gathering last year, now this. Tom F. , whats the deal man ? Everyone has family's, work, and life problems, but too many coincidence's makes one wonder, " Is this guy a BS'er , or whats his deal ? " . Do tell Tom F. , inquiring minds want to know....................... or just disappear for another 6-9 months and then reappear like it never happened. LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.