Fishing partner needed for weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cpalombo, Jul 3, 2007.

1. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Hey all, I wanted to get out this weekend in the Wentzville area (LD #25) and I am looking for a fishing partner. I am thinking Friday (6th) or Sat (7th)night, meet at the dock at about 4:00pm CST and fish until 1ish (if the fish are biting). It would be blue cats mainly, but I have caught some channels and flatties in my spots.

PM me if you care to split gas costs and get out.

Also, if other boats want to daisy chain with mine, that is just fine to (for those that want to know where the channels and dikes are).

CP

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I would be up for another trip but I am going to Memphis this weekend and going on a guided trip on the mississippi. Hopefully I will have some pictures of a few pigs to post up here.

3. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Would love to follow you out CP, but my boats in the shop. Hope to find something out on Friday if I can pick it up or not. If it's nothing serious then it should be ready and I'd love to meet you out there. But if it's something that they are gonna have to spend some time on I guess I'm dry docked for awhile.

4. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I hope it was not a rock. I just paid 80 buckaroos today to get my newly painted "spare" back from the prop guy. He did a good job, but it hurt to hand over the money.

CP

5. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris
    Im game if you cant find anyone else. I need to get out fishing a couple more times before that baby comes.

Dustin

6. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Give me a call Chris if you end up with an empty boat on Friday and need a partner. If your going on Friday and I can get my boat back I'll post here when I get home from work (around 2:30ish) and maybe I can meet you out there.

7. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Mike,

The current plan is to meet on Sat. at 4:00 at the ramp, and then head out. If you want to bring your rig, you are certainly welcome to. I have a new secret weapon that I have been dying to try. I figured out a way to put my bait over unfishably deep holes that you are not allowed/able to anchor above. I calls for a can of spray paint, some closeline clips, reflective tape, and a sheet of plywood. I think that it will soon be outlawed on the catfish tourny circuit. More on that after the pictures come in, and the identities are pixalated.

Dustin and I are meeting up and are basically doing the same thing that you and I did when we fished that area (big holes here and there). Dustin is also a drift fishing guru, so I am hoping to learn from the master drifter and learn a new trick. I have to say that I feel a neighborly compultion to help get Dustin out before his little one is born. I have to put him on top of a bunch of 7.5 lb catfish to work his arm strength up for when he has to hold the two 7.5 lb twins that he does not know yet that God has blessed him with. :)

Just remember you new fathers that are reading this thread... the quickest way to get back to sleep when the newborn is crying is to make your wife think you are totally incapable of warming up a bottle or changing poopie onesies (if you dont know what "poopie" or "onesie" means, may you soon be blessed to learn!). Mock stupidity works (as does genuine stupidity), or faking a broken arm while changing a diaper... she will send you away from the crib to some place cold and far from the bed (you can use this punishment time to sneek a few zzz's on a couch and reflect upon your disapointing lack of support).

Remember this truth.... "SLEEP" - It is something you will come to cherish even beyond your need for food, human contact, personal identity, ownership of property, or self respect.

CP

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    OK Chris, well you guys have fun and catch some fish. Saturday isn't good for me too much running to do (whoever told kids they can have a life?). Maybe next time I'll be ready to follow you out and get a better feel for the river.

Dustin, good luck with the little ones and try not to make too much of that broken arm advise from Chris. You try that one too many times and you'll be meeting up with one of my favorite friends....the divorce lawyer.:roll_eyes:

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey chris, me and hair is thinking about coming up there sat. afternoon
    we might not stay that long. might fish the bank for a couple of hours
    or so. plus get to meet more boc brothers. I'll let you know for sure later this afternoon.

10. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I would love to meet up and shake your hand. I have learned a bunch from you Willie, so come on along if it works out for you.

CP

11. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I have gotten a couple of PM's from guys that will be comming out tomorow (Sat) at 4:00 to Cruivre Island. For those that are thinking of coming and have not asked me by PM for directions (God help us all, I could get lost in my own garage). But here it goes...

Take 70 west from St Louis to HW 79. That exit is just west of St Peters. Take 79 about 5-7 miles to the "Bait Shop" (the only one on that stretch, they have a big sign of the right side of the road). The next road is Dalbow, take that right turn and head down 2 miles along the twisty road to the CI launch parking lot.

Good luck to all you guys hitting it this weekend. Hopefully we will start seeing some big numbers again. I am looking for a solid 30lb blue to break my May 2007 PB by 10 lbs. (I have extra split shot to stuff in its mouth if I have to, I am not proud).

CP

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Split shot are OK, but I keep a bag of iron filings in my boat. Not as toxic and the fish can pass them easier after you've let him go....:wink: Good luck tonight!

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    We're ready for the fish report guys.

How did it go?

Who showed up?

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Folks, Gary and I will be hitting the river here shortly. The plan is to run 70 miles up river to catch some skips at Chain Of Rocks, then either fish back towards STL, or maybe even lock up and fish the dam at Alton. IF anyone is gonna be out or wants to catch up with us, give me a shout on my cell phone. Today is the 8th. Looking to be around the Alton Area round 5 or 6 this evening.
    Cuz 314-853-4000

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey chris me and haie went up to the dam sat. couldnt really find a good spot to bank fish, alot of the spots we found were privite property.
    but he did show me c.i.
    it was about 8-9 truck there last nite, I didnt copy your number from the pm to give you a call. it was about 8:30--9:00 when we got to the island.
    how did you do?

16. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Well, Dutin and I went out at about 4:05, so others may have been there (there were a lot of trucks there) but Dustin is the only BOC guy I saw.

No fish. I got a few hits (one real good hit off my planer board, enough to yank it off a 20lb release clip), but no boated fish. No other highlights for the trip either. Normally i can take a mundane event and turn it into a joke, but I have nothing for this trip.

Dustin and I snagged, bumped, got hit by, and found every problem one could find on a river. One of those frustrating nights, if I were the type to get frustrated. It was good to be out, but no fish and lots of little problems with gear. I hope to get out again soon.

And when I got home at 2:00am, my roast beef sandwich leftovers were swamped by the melted ice ("remeber the flood of 93" was my first thought when I opened my cooler saw my poor 1/2 sandwich). Then I was sad... it was a real good sandwich and was hongry!

CP

17. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I would have told you to fish the rightside of the dam (looking up river). Lots of guys anchor there and fish of the spit (a rock strip that jets out about 20yards.

Sorry we missed you out there. I was looking for recognizable faces, but everyone was pretty far off from my boat.

CP

18. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris
    This is the 1st time Im reading this your to funny. I found out what a onesie was a couple weeks ago and Im sure I will find out all about the poopie onesie in a couple weeks.

On to a fishing note.
    Chris it could have been a lot worse like us loosing your prop to that water that went from 7foot to 3foot in a matter of hours on the way back to the launch. Are my cat like reflexes that almost knocked you in the river trying to dodge the asian crap I ment carp. All in all I had a fun time and like I said 3rd times a charm. Think about all the sleepless nights I have to look forward to. The catfish gods are going to owe me a couple big ins. Thanks Again for taken me out and look forward to the next trip

Dustin

19. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    No problem bro, it was worth the trip just to see you hit the floor of the boat when Mr. Carp flew into the console at mach 1. For a second, I was not sure if your were ducking the fish, recovering from a stroke, or trying to climb into the tape cassette opening head first.

The fish gunk cleaned up OK, but my garage smells like asian carp.

CP

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds like you all had a hoot. I have a new image of my prop so Chris doesnt feel left out. Not quite as bad as his. :wink:

...../)
    .....o
    .....>