Fishing out of Foley Ala

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by Stevej, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Went to Foley to spend a few days with my step-son and he and I got to fish a couple of rough days while our wife's shopped and rested. Jerry and Joni had been out Sunday before we got there Sunday evening and got their limit of red snapper. Jerry and I fished Monday and Wed. and the water had gotten a little dirty over night Sunday so we didn't get our limit either day but had fun. Rough getting old with a bad back, had to rest between trips. Got 3 snapper Mon. and 2 snapper and 3 gray triggerfish Wed. Had grilled red snapper a couple of times. Largest snapper both days was 24".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on a good trip Steve, bet that was some good eatin too...:big_smile:

3. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Steve, let me refer you to a thread that shows the very best use for those snapper, please. This is also a great remedy for that aching back. It will get you going and back out there, guaranteed.:wink:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80754&highlight=scotch

Good job on those Americans, the season is precious short. Get `em while you can.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats some nice fish.

5. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I've got family in the Foley area. Been there several times - last time was a couple of months ago for my Grandma's funeral. One of my uncles living there loves to fish but just doesn't fish very much because he doesn't have anybody around there he knows that likes to fish. I told him I'd come down sometime and we'd go catfishin and he was all pumped up for that. He said he wanted some fresh catfish probably more than anything else to eat. I've never fished for snapper. Might just have to someday.

6. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Oh yeah, nice pics... and some nice crappie in your avatar!