Fishing Opportunities? How Frequent Do you get to go?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TNVOLCAT, Jan 11, 2006.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Was Wondering How Often Any Of You Guys Get To Go Fishing? Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Or Are You Like Me And Only Have Got To Go 3-4 Times A Year For The Past Year And A Half To Spend More Time With My 16 Mon. Old Twins Or For Other Reasons.

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Well this is the first time I have tried fishing in the winter time and I usualy go early saturday morning and sometimes at night. That way by the time my daughter gets good and awake I am usualy home. Or I go at night when I have been able to spend time during the day with her. The wife usualy doesn't mind me going. In the summer time I realy like going saturday night a few hours before dark, when the sun starts to go down most people if not darn near all leave.

3. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I go out as much as possible average times per year I would say about 20-30 sometimes I go through droughts where I won't go for a month or two then there are times where I go 4-5 times a week. Really depends on my families schedule other than that I'm out there regardless if the fishing is hot or not. I just love the outdoors even when the storms come through.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Having time is my biggest problem..I work alot of 7 day weeks, so I have to schedual vaction to fish during "prime" times...I probably fish 20-30 times per year.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well, back in my single days, i had 160 days out somewhere one year, and then I got married and it dwindled down to about 80 days , then divorced so it peaked back up to about 110 days then got married again and now I probably get out on the average, about 75-80 times ayear, sounds like a lot but averages 1.5 times a week which is not enough. Of course Im a trout nut, and love to smallmouth and pond fish as well as Catfish so I realistically will get 20 or so smallie trips, 20 or so trout trips, 20 or so Catfish trips and 20 or so something else trips where I am targeting Carp, Gar, Saugeyes, Pike panfish etc.

Dont tell the wife but I do long for those days where I was out every other day through the whole year!! Ahhh, the sacrifices we all have to make..

I might add that as I get older with more house and wife and job responsibilities, it seems my average length of trips is getting shorted, now Im happy to go out and cast for an hour or two, but when I was single, most of my trips were 10-14 hrs long at a single time

Salmonid

6. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    well this past year I got to go more often than I thought. I went every weekend from the 1st of july to mid-october and the wife never said a word.

7. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Last summer I was out every other night the whole summer long till the end of october. Nothing better to do. I run my own business so it makes it alot easier to get away from work. I consider getting out on the river just as important as going to work. Work brings the stress, fishing relieves it.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jack your trips count four times as much though, because of your handicap,ooops, partner.I know it will be a great day for you to actually see your protege catch a fish.Hang in there I know it will happen.LMAO

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i try to go 2-4 times a week but i averages about 1-2. now if you throw in catching bait then 3-4 for sure!

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Same here.

Zakk :)

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    "I only fish on day's that a Y in them!"

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    In the sprin thru fall 3 to 4 times aweek. I am lucky I guess.
    Bill

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I try to go every chance that I get, but right now thats only on weekends unless I call in to work or take some time off and go,
    ("and both of those things have been done before - and will be done again"!)

Bert

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    usualy i get to go one day during the week and then all day saterday.Sunday is church and then NASCAR.Sometimes i get to go more for a few hours depending on my work sceduale during the week.But i tell ya what boys and girls once i started catfishing i got seriously addicted,i could fish 7 days a week if i had the oppertunity,i love it i just cant get enough of those wisker fish.

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I get to go about 2 times a month. Been workin' on my Jon Boat Project, so I've only been twice in a few months. One time bank fishin' and one time in the Jon, and that really wasn't fishin' cause we were testing out the boat.

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    during the season I'll go 3-4 times per week sometimes even more. and yea i'm married My wife likes to fish but she doesn't always come. when the ramp is only fifteen minutes from your house its easy to go!!!

17. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    not often enough... i would love to be out there 365 a year

18. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Wish I could answer this but I never know untill I am on the water seems like something is always comming up.

19. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I don't usually go catfishing till june, but I usually fish at least once a week for other fish.

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I do not get out as often as I would like. I do go when I can.