Fishing on windy day

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Pastor E, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    When you are fishing on the bank on a real windy day in a small lake what is best fishing with the wind in your face or on your back

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I want the wind blowing in. It pushes the shad in and the cats fallow.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    It all depends on the area that I'm fishing at the time. But I always like bank fishing on windy days with the wind at my back.

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Casting is easier with the wind at your back, but Pastor is right about the bait fish following the waves. Fish face the current to feed, wind cause "current" of a sorts.

5. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar

This mans gotcha covered. From everything i've ever read said wind blowing across a lake blows plankton to the bank the winds blowing too... In turn shad follow the plankton which will bring in the fish

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks brothers:0a31: :0a1:

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wind in your face is what i have always been told. Though its tough on you casting if its real windy and also if you are float fishing.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I agree with Dale, it's better to be fishing into the wind. One thing I have noticed this year though is that the fish are biting much better on very calm day's and not biting very good at all on rough windy days.

9. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    When the whitecaps are blowing in I have some of my best days fishing for blues off the bank.I put on a oz or two more weight to keep the waves from moving the bait in to the bank. The channels will come in closer than the blues.

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Maybe we are fishing wrong on those days, we usually are fishing in open water (out of a boat) and when it's real windy maybe we should be getting closer to the bank that the wind is hitting?

11. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Zakk, I can't say what is going on out in the lake, as i seldam put any of my boats in. On windy days I am fishing no more than 50yard off the bank.

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh ok, well I am going to try fishing near the bank the wind is hitting next time it's very windy, always is good to try new things.

Thanks.