Fishing on Truman Lake/Talley Bend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catcrappie, Feb 15, 2007.

1. catcrappie

catcrappie New Member

State:
    missouri
    would like to say hi to all, first time in, looks like a great place to be, especially since its 5 degrees right now, 50s coming soon, thank you

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Hi I fish, above Talley Bend, around Osecola. and Smith Bend, be sure and get hooked up for Missouri gathering in May state park Raccoon ridge off 7 hwy. .You'll met alot of people. and have a good time, I belive, Its 18,19,and 20. you will see it posted on here.
    Look forward to meeting you.
    Jim

3. catcrappie

catcrappie New Member

State:
    missouri
    whats the get together like?, what goes on there? do you fish, eat together, tell fishing lies (i mean stories), sounds like a good time, thanks for the welcome in, and the invite

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    All that and we fish to, if you like fishing and swapping ideas, you will like it.
    Spoonfish got it together, H e should be on here later,I believe this is the third, year, and has got bigger. will be a custom made fillet knife, given away and new penn. 220 for the largest cat caught,(I think some are going to make sinkers).From Friday eve. 3.00pm on ,Sat and Sun. go to Missouri in index, should be info on it. also sign up on Missouri, Roll Call. ItchToScratch monters it. Over a 100 have sign up. good info.
    Jim

5. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Jim,

Welcome to the BOC. If you like catfishin - you'll love it here. This will be my second year at the Missouri Gathering - come and join us.

6. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    I hope to make a day or two of the rally, looking forward to meeting some of you guys, have picked up some really great info in here.

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Its sort of the third year,the first year we really didnt do real well only4 or 5 of us showed up and it was cold ,but troy has done some better planning the last 2 years and took the bull by the horns.

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    OH YEA WELCOME,what part of mo are you from

9. catcrappie

catcrappie New Member

State:
    missouri
    im from lowry city,mo. i fish talley bend most of the time, i love them flat heads too. i fish them cats in about every way possible, pole, jugs, lines, i just like being out there. we have 80 acres here so i hunt quite a bit too.

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from another Mo. member Jim.

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jim, great to have you aboard.
    We fish that area quite a bit also. Come join us in May at the Missouri Gathering if you can. It will be at the Truman State Park.
    Theres a link in my signature that you can click on to read all about the gathering and you can make a post there and I will get your name added to the list to join us.
    Looks like warm weather this coming week, hope to see you out there....

12. jdunndmb

jdunndmb New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i'd like to say hi too. i'm a little late for the get together sounds like but maybe next year. looking forward to picking up and sharing ideas with everyone.