Fishing on Truman Dam This Weekend.....Please Report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JRSparksIII, Aug 27, 2009.

1. JRSparksIII

JRSparksIII New Member

State:
    Missouri
    BOC,

I am going to the Dam this weekend and going to do a little of that night sleepin.....I mean night fishing! Hopefully the action is good! Like I have said I am new to this but I absolutely love it! Is there certain times that it is best to catch them.....what bait....never been there so fill me in on the water....is it stumpy?

2. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Welcome to the boc johnny. Will you be fishing from a boat or from the bank. The fishing has been pretty slow which is kind of typical this time of year.

3. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Ahhhh. Was there last weekend. Wish I cud go again! I'll hit u up next time we go!

4. JRSparksIII

JRSparksIII New Member

State:
    Missouri
    From a boat wanting to land that mystical giant that lurkes beneath

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will be fishing Friday evening/night at Osage Bluff with a friend from work. If you want to learn a little about drift fishing let me know, I have a white 18 foot Crestliner Jon with a Mercury. Chris

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    below truman dam is very slow right now durring the day and even night to tell ya the truth ..

but if your in a boat i would get some big blue gills ,, perch and shad .

and fish at night would be the best in my opinion !!!!

they been running the water out of the dam a couple hours a day off and on so that dosnt help the fishing any ...

shad you will find in the back of the coves in shallow water like 1 to 5 foot or so .. at night after dark the shad are easy to get in the channel ..

be safe at night and leave your running lights on lots of crazzy people out anymore driving way too fast at night and drunk lmao :wink::smile2:

good luck !!!! catch a bruiser for us !!!!