Fishing on the Wabash River!!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by smoke, Sep 27, 2006.

1. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish the wabash between peru and wabash and was woundering if anyone else was haveing luck on the wabash this year? I have landed a few big fish and a few small fish all being flatheads..

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    I fished the Oakdale Dam this past weekend and got skunked, usually there is goos fishing there. The bait fish were going crazy, but could't get a bite. In case you don't know where that dam is, it is the dam for Lake Freeman, off of 421. It then turns back into the Tippicanoe River for about 10 miles before running into the Wabash.

3. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kris havent made it down there since earlier in the year. RiverScum & I usally hit the wabash more. Would like to hit it for the fall bite though. :cool2:

4. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Fished The Wabash About A Month Ago, I Fished It Just South Of Pittsburg Which Is Just Outside Of Delphi. Got A Fifteen Pound Flatty, A 5 Pound Flatty, And Two Channels One 6 Pounds, The Other 5 Pounds, All On Live Sunfish. A Great Night But Forgot The Camera And Released Them All. Good Luck If You Get Out!!

5. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    been doing pretty good for the blues, no flats though

Attached Files:

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    i've heard alot about the wabash on here. wouldn't mind trying it out, would u guys recomend a 3 hour drive to fish it when i got the Ohio River next door? thanks!

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice fish Cody! Looks like you had a good day!

8. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    those are some nice blue's where about on the wabash you fish? I don't think i would recomend the wabash if you have the ohio myself and shortbus was thinking of taking the trip to fish the ohio also about a 3hr trip...

9. stovepipe

stovepipe New Member

State:
    indiana
    i used to fish the same area several years ago when i lived near there.
    I had alot of fun catching many O' channels just up from log jams. They are alittle harder to accsess from the bank,but if'n your a die hard like myself, theres always a way.
    I used worms,liver and stink bait worms. The stink worms always produced more.
    If you have access to a boat, try dropping anchor just up from the log jam. Let the bait drift down to the base of the jam and hang on. Every river i have fished, this works great.
    I pulled in many good eatings but now and then, you find a big'n laying in there.
    Let me know how it goes.