Fishing on the Tennessee River - Recommendations

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by bmaultbay, Apr 16, 2006.

1. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Anyone have any recommendations on areas for the Tennessee River in the Alcoa/Knoxville/Maryville areas? I am here for three weeks and hoping to fish this coming weekend.

2. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, if you're willing to drive about an hour from Knoxville, then I would recommend fishing the Tennessee River side of Watts Bar dam. I have had great luck fishing here and it is easy to catch the skipjacks for bait near the lock. Within the last 3 weeks we've caught over 15 blues and all of them have been over 4 lbs....biggest being 67 lbs. P.M. me if you want info. on a little honey-hole we've found near the dam.

*Edit....Maryville is the next town over from me, and the dam is an 18 min. drive from here.

3. cottonmouth

cottonmouth New Member

State:
    southeast tn
    come on man tell us all about it, I haven,t had any luck over there since 911 when they closed the turbine side of the river .where they at and what they hittin on? I can be there in 30 minutes and don,t mind fishing it frequenly if you can catch em like i used to on the other side of the river.

4. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    cottonmouth,

send me a p.m. and i'll give you some info. i was gonna post it, but i'd like to fish it a few more times before the secret gets out to everyone ;)

*the blue in my avatar is an avergae size blue from this spot (notice the rocks down there)?

5. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Now thats funny! A guy offering guide service asking for directions.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I was asking for help on a river I have never been on, by the way, still caught three, and not one I live by!:big_smile: