Fishing on the first!!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DANZIG, Jan 1, 2010.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    And it was freaking cold! Bit of snow and a nice stiff breeze.

I started out fishing for sauger, saugeye, walleye,, but of course, had to have a Cat pole out. No go on the others, pole eyes were freezing solid before you could get the lure back in, But the cut shad drew some attention!

RC Byrd Locks, WV side. The one on the ground went 5.2.
    Should have had more but got greedy and went to a bigger pieces of shad,, too big, got the bites but they were just not big enough to take it.

Attached Files:

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice cold water channel, thanks for the report and pics!

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Congrats on some success!!:big_smile:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Lawrence on the catch and report. WTG.

5. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    thanks for sharing

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great way to bring in the New Year Lawrence! :big_smile: Thanks for report and pics! :cool2:

7. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Well, I certainly did not slay 'em,,, and probably would not have even if I had stuck with smaller bait,,,

But it beat the dickins out of watching TV, was a great excuse to go ahead and get my 2010 licence, and they were darn tasty! Yes, fish were harmed in the making of this thread!
    A couple three Crows are enjoying the carcasses in my backyard creek as I write this. Nothing goes to waste.

I know we have a few members near by, I was half expecting to run into another loony BOCer or two but, near as I can tell, I had the river all to myself. Just me, the barges and the Seagulls.

Yep Seagulls, a bunch of them "winter" up this way. Never have firgured that out. It's not like I am anywhere near the ocean.:confused2:

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Glad to see ya out there catching something!

Thanks for the report and sharing the pics.