Fishing on Television: Santee Cooper

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by blackwaterkatz, Jan 19, 2007.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    If any of you ever watch Bob Redfern on Fox Sports Network, you might want to catch this program coming up on Sunday at 7:45, I think:

Bob has some good programs.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    good to see someone going to have something on catfish. I like watching fishing programs but get sick of hearing about Bass.They act like thats the only fish in the water sometimes. What Channel is that going to be on ?

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Both Tommy and I have fished with SHipley and he is a good guide with some excellent ideas.In fact you will see that he uses Scissors to cut his bait which is usually live brim that he continously trims.:big_smile:

4. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    We went out with Steve Shipley for a couple of days last June, and had a blast.
    He's a really nice guy and a very good guide.
    This ought to be a pretty good show.
    Hopefully I get the channel that it's on.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    They had another show yesterday on "Versus" that was done on Santee Cooper with another guide. It was pretty good but the biggest fish was about 10 pounds. They showed a clip from a previous show where they caught a 30 pounder. This guide says you will catch 100# of fish or the next trip is free.

6. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time talking with Bob Redfern and his producer today, at a boat show, and he seems to be a down-to-earth guy that enjoys what he does. He took me over and introduced me to the guys that publish the NC & SC Sportsman mags, too. They were nice to talk with also.
    Bob does have a pretty good program on tv, and I try to catch all of them I can. He had a real nice one recently about redfishing in coastal winyah bay that was good.

7. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i dont get the channel on my service here in oklahoma, so how is gonna record it for me>

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just happened to catch the last 15 min of that one Billy since i woke at 12.00 and couldnt get back to sleep i got up at one and watched some tube as i remember that program was O'niel Outside its an interesting prog. i watch it alot just not usually at one in the mornin

9. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jeremy, do a search for bob redfern's outdoor magazine. They come on other stations, too, and maybe there is one in your area. I think they also have a schedule, or links to one. I joined a membership club for ~$25 that includes a choice of 6 shows on tape, plus other stuff that makes it worth the money, so I plan to pick some of the better shows. If I can get the one on catfishing, I'll loan it to you, but that may be awhile.

Flathead, I saw that other one with Oneill yesterday while it was raining, and it was a pretty good one, too.:smile2:

10. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

I've been told by many people that Shipley can smoke em' in the canal.It's a rumor he never fishes over 10 ' deep.

11. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    thanx for heads up on catfish show very rare see catfishing on tv

12. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Thanks Tommy, For Letting Us Know About The Show.

13. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'm running late for a fishing trip, but the show's on tv right now; FSN, Southern Outdoors program. See ya....

14. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    For any of you that are interested in the method of drifting on Santee Cooper, I think this program airs again on Thursday afternoon. I enjoyed watching it yesterday. Steve works hard to put his customers on good fish.