fishing on Lake Marion this weekend

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by whitecat, Sep 24, 2008.

1. whitecat

whitecat New Member

State:
    georgia
    Hi,I will be fishing out of Harry's this weekend and I am wondering what depth should I be looking for?My uncle won't do any drift fishing so we have to anchor the pontoon,what depths and bottom should we be searching for.We didn't have much luck in June.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Shane, Welcome to the BOC. Lot's of great knowledge here. If ya'll can swing it, Hire Capt Ron Howard of Santee with Roundhill Guide Service. You'll learn plenty that can help with future return trips. He's a great guy and a great teacher.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome Shane. I've never fished there so I'm no help on that , sorry.

-Jim-

4. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Hi Shane, my last trip to Santee was the first of August, only cought 7, but at least we got a few. there is a guide that has a web sight that updates all the time, santeecajinguide.com , she shows it all good days and bad! maybe this will give you some info. for your trip. When we go (Wife & kids) we use my sister's place, north side at Goat Island, Good Luck have a good time and watch those tree tops in the dead forest!!!!

5. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Shane, The north side of the lake should be very muddy in the shallow with the high wind.I would suggest anchoring up in shallow water in the mud line. I will be on channel 74 on vhf if you have a radio. I will be drifting so just hollar for FISH HUNTER and I will be glad to let you know what is happening. Good Luck! P.S. Check around the island in front of Rock's Pond when you come into Lake Marion from Harry's!

6. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Shane, Sorry I meant the south side which is the side that Harry's is on!

7. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Hi Shane, sorry for my spelling:embarassed:, web site is www.santeecajunguide.com hope you the best of luck :roll_eyes:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Shane,

Welcome to the BOC!

With all the recent rain it may be a good time to fish in the diversion canal. Fishing is best there when the water flow is faster. Also it may get you out of the wind a little. Good luck!