Fishing on Feb 21 at Arcadia Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by AwShucks, Feb 21, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My friend, FuzzFace, and I spent about 5 hours on Arcadia Lake today. The good news is it got so warm we had to shed clothes down to our tee shirt and pants. LOL. Our total for the day was 7 we didn't hook, three that broke our line, and I got two to the boat. Darn snags. Didn't see one fish, unless the minnows I used are fish. But the weather was sure pretty. Told Fuzzface we should have went after bass - I can catch them.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    me too, me too!!!!!

3. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    You are making me jealous!!! I spent the third day in a row sitting in the house with that cold that is going around. It sure was a pretty day to be doing anything outside. Where did ya' try on the lake? I thought about going out on Friday evening but looks like the weatherman may have a different idea. :angry:

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jamie, fished all the way from the island to the dam. Caught all out snags around the second inlet on the south side from the dam. Good thing there were snags there otherwise it would have been flat boring.

5. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I know what you mean. Somedays hooking a log is still better than nothing. It sure gets your blood pumping till you figure out it's another driftwood-cat. :tounge_out:

I have a feeling if we get the rain they say we might, combined with warming temps, then things may just turn on here in the near future. I sure hope so.

Thanks for the report!

6. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Using a big slip cork rig can help avoid those snags. The catfish are starting to heat up. Caught a couple around some stumps in about 5-10 ft. water. last Sat.

7. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I GOT A FEW OVER BY THE ISLAND LAST TIME I WENT IN ABOUT 10 FOOT OF WATER ON SHAD HEADS.