Fishing On Another's Boat!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 12, 2010.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well as many of you know a few of us members are heading back to the James River next month to do some blue-cattin. I was sitting here thinking, this will be the first time in I dunno how long that I am gonna get to fish off another's boat. Possibly a couple years or more. It is nice to own a boat, and be in charge of the decisions made on the water as captain, but I am really gonna enjoy just getting to relax and fish, with having less responsibilitys. Sure there will be things to do, with bait to be caught etc. But, im excited for alittle change. Anyone else ever feel this way? I FINALLY get to be called, " Anchor B*tch!!" LOL... :Happy: rollo

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I take people out on my boat they look at me like i'm stupid when I ask them to help with anchoring. Needless to say they don't end up coming out with me much.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'd rather fish my own boat as I am comfortable with the electronics to locate bait and fish, as well as the GPS. However, I don't mind fishin' with anyone as long as they have good electronics and know how to use 'em. When I am on someone else's boat, it is second nature to help with anchoring or any other boat chores to keep things running smoothly. That's just proper etiquette. Now, if you have paying customers like the guides do, I suspect that the guide is pretty much responsible for doing everything.

BB in SC

5. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I like fishing on Bill's boat too, he has good electronics and knows how to use them.

Hopefully, I'll get back down there in a few weeks!

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hurry up, Chris! We been putting a hurtin' on the fish, figuratively speaking.

BB

7. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i hear what you're saying i haven't been anchor b*&%h in a while but looks like i will be sunday:smile-big:

8. mr.seaark77

mr.seaark77 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i like fishing out of my boat that way if the fish are hitting i control when we leave . theres nothing worse then someone wanting to leave when you start getting into them lol.

9. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like fishing of my boat more then others because I'm in Complete control.Only place in the whole world that I'm given that kind of Power.But I would consider fishing off of another person boat on waters I'm not custom to fishing.And Yes I would be anchor boy,trailor boy,fishing from the front, getting the tail end of the bait and saying(I think we can catch more fish over there).HA ha

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    As long as I am with someone who knows their a@# from a hole in the gound I enjoy it, I do feel more comfortable on my boat though..

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats right my man, get those fingers warmed up! LMAO! Luckily for you I have a light anchor though.

12. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    are ya gonna return the favor and get me on a big blue, as i would certainly appreciate it:laugh1:

13. I fish alone 90 percent of the time on my own boat. It is nice to get on another ride and enjoy it and relax and be a guest once in a while.....

14. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    i like my own boat because im free to fish where ever i want or leave and go to a different spot whenever im ready. it is also nice to go along for a ride on someone else's boat because you can learn different ways of doing things. either way is good for me as long as im FISHING!

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im glad you feel safe on your boat. I never feel safe on your dam boat. Don't know how many of you fellas have fished with this bastard before but don't do It!!!!!! 5 degrees fer. and hes always gotta be trying to blow the motor up. 60mph on 5 degree day??? I don't know how cold it was with a 60 mile an hour windchill but i will tell ya my nads were ready to crawl up in my but hole they were so cold. He gets a big kick out of the chit!! Its all fun and games till a brothers pecker falls off from frost bite.

16. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    A friend of mine took my wife and I out fishing on his boat. First time I was ever on the water. I was so impressed that I just HAD to have my own boat and do as I damn well pleased on the water. Now that I know what goes into owning and operating my own boat, screw it, I'd rather fish with somebody elses boat. I enjoyed it WAY more than all the crap that goes with dealing with my own boat. The only real advantage I see to having my own boat is that I get to keep all my junk with me in one place. Don't get me wrong. I DO enjoy owning my own boat and being able to hook up and go whenever and where ever I want to. I just enjoyed the idea of "being along for the ride" much more. I guess I'm just a lazy ass at heart.

17. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    QUOTE=catcrazed;1800932]Im glad you feel safe on your boat. I never feel safe on your dam boat. Don't know how many of you fellas have fished with this bastard before but don't do It!!!!!! 5 degrees fer. and hes always gotta be trying to blow the motor up. 60mph on 5 degree day??? I don't know how cold it was with a 60 mile an hour windchill but i will tell ya my nads were ready to crawl up in my but hole they were so cold. He gets a big kick out of the chit!! Its all fun and games till a brothers pecker falls off from frost bite.[/QUOTE]
    :chicken::poop::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

18. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thats some funny chit!!!!!!!!

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I promise I will try!

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Oh now you knows its only 52mph, not 60! I swear I gotta toughen this boy up!:wink: