Fishing on 4/12 in Ohio - Who wants to fish with ole' Tea?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by teaysvalleyguy, Apr 11, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am heading out tomorrow night come hell or high water. Was going to go tonight but some things came up. I dont have to work tomorrow as far as I know so I plan on hitting either Deer Creek Spillway or Dillon Spillway. But, if others want to join in then I may be willing to travel.

Who wants to go out and lie about all these fish we have caught in previous years with me??? LMAO

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I'd go with ya Tea but I got to go to this darn thing called a job. It always gets in the way of hunting and fishing. LOL

3. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Dave, I hear ya. Been slammed last week and last two days. Today and tomorrow should be slow at work with no closings or only a couple. Friday I have 2 purchases scheaduled already in Columbus and Athens. So, I need to get out today and tomorrow while I can.

4. MidOhioCat

MidOhioCat New Member

State:
    Columbus, OH
    It might be too late, but I think I can get to Deer Creek tonight at about 8:30. I don't know if you will be there, but I will keep an eye out.

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, Hell, High Water, Hail....all came tonight and I was unable to fish. I packed up and was getting ready to leave this morning when work called and scheaduled a closing for 1 in Mahoning County (Youngstown). Well, 3.5 hours from my house so not too bad. I will be home no later then 4 and get repacked and head out to fish. Well, unloaded car and headed to work to get package. Unload car, get ready to leave, and another phone call. Closing pushed back, no package yet from lender, stand by. OK, no problem, sit around and watch 4 episodes of Soprano's Season 2 and wait on call. Finially get call, closing pushed back to 7 or 8. Well, ended up closing at 8 o'clock. Ran into worst rain and hail that I have seen in a long, long time. 76, 80, and 680 were lined up with cars pulled to side of the road. I was traveling 30 and could barely see anything for a solid 45 minutes. Hail hitting car like someone was throwing rocks at me. Well, 1 and I just got home.

So, try and plan for a trip tomorrow night. If anyone wants to get out just let me know, hopefully work will cooperate this time. LMAO

6. MidOhioCat

MidOhioCat New Member

State:
    Columbus, OH
    You didn't miss anything last night. I hit deer creek, and was there for about 2 hours without a bite. Then the rain forced me to leave.

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Was ready to head to Buckeye Lake when little brother called and said he wanted to fish. I had to head back south to pick him up and we did not have any shad so we just headed to Deer Creek. We had a couple hits and my buddy also went and he caught a Sauger on Minnow but we did not get into any kitties.

The day was not a total waste as we were able to round up about 40 nice shad so we have pleanty of bait for a while. Shad were easy to round up with the cast net.

Plan on getting out tomorrow night if weather cooperates. Little bro was heading back out to the Spillway tonight but I have to work early so that got nixed for me.