Fishing Noodles from Wal Mart

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Bigun, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    Earlier in the summer I ran across these Noodles in Wal Mart.(Pictures posted in Gallery )The display was probably 6 ft tall. Today they were into the last case so I Bought some. They cost $2.34 ea. I finally found white noodles and ordered some cost is $67 for 12 plus shipping ??? I could not determine if these had a hole in them or not. By the time you add some pvc pipe and hardware The wal Mart noodles look like a good buy.

2. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    dollar general has white, orange, and green noodles with the hole for $1.50 ea. i think they put them in the back room for the winter, but you might ask. good luck. catwacker

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm going out on a limb here, What are they for??

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    they are used for catfish jugging.

i cut mine down to 15 inch legths tonite and got 12 yellow 12 green and 4 orange noodle jugs.

someone here said that if you set out about 5-6 of one color in a row annd seperate each color with a 3ed color like 5 yellow 1 orange 5 green 1 orange 5 yellow 1 orange so on so forth that when you look over your jugs and see one out of pattern then you know there might be activity on that one.

as i'm typeing i'm putting some of the pipe sections ive accumulated into appropriate lengths and filling the noodles up with them.

5. CFH

CFH New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've never jug fish with noodles. Do you tie the line in the middle or on the end ,so it when you get a fish it will stand up like a regular jug?

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

They are supposed to. You take the noodle and cut it into sections like DRC said, and then thread a 1/2 in thick by 15 in long piece of PVC pipe into the middle for support. You then take your 20lb or higher trot line string and run it through the PVC and run it on the outside of the noodle and then tie it off with a very secure knot. You then run the rest of your line to the desired length below the knot, put a weight about 6in above your hook(tie a little knot in the line to keep the weight off of the hook, and egg weights work the best) then tie on your hook. At the top of the noodle, put some reflective tape so it is easy to see, and depending on the state, you may have to put your name, address, and phone # on it in magic marker. Take to your favorite lake, bait with your favorite bait toss it in, and wait for the fun.

Ray

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    heres a quik picture .
    too hectic in the house tonite with several extra
    kids over lol no school tomorrow.
    i'll try to make a better example later

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have some of those wal-mart noodles. I have not used them yet but plan to at the outlet this winter. :D

9. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    The fishing noodles from walmart are rigged for fishing with a rod thru them that you tie the line to. They have different colored plastic caps on the top end. These noodles are white which is requirred by law for non commercial fishing here in Texas. The regular swiming noodles are various colors (about 5 ft. long) they are never white. It may be that someone grabs the white ones here as soon as they are put out. I have tried to paint some of the colored ones white with the new plastic Fusion spray paint. This is aggrivating and marginally suscessful. Tieing the line to the end results in the noodle standing on end when the fish goes down. This is easier to see than if it just dunks with the line tied in the middle. I have a few noodles with half inch pipe with ends capped and extending 4 " out the end . These have a weight that slides inside the pipe. This slides down when the fish sounds and the noodle stays flagged. This is a good concept the details need to be refined somewhat.

10. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I USE THE PLASTIC PVC PIPE THROUGH ALL MY JUGS.you have to be careful and put a washer on the top end. i have only found one with the pipe gone out of it but i wander what size fish kept dunking it till the cap slipped through. it is easy to change noodles. just take the line off and slide the cap through and slide a new noodle on.

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I been making noodles for a long time..I cut them exactly in half..about 4inches from the bottom i push a straightened out coat hanger horizontally through the noodle...i already have my drop made with a big swivel on the top of the drop..i back out the hanger on 1 side then put the swivel inside the noodle and push the coat hanger through the noodle.Then cut the hanger off on both sides leaving about 3-4 inches on both sides,Fold them up toward the top of the noodle and squeeze them in toward the sides of the noodle.Then wrap around the sides with heavy duct tape.It wont come off
    either.put your hooks on and your ready to fish. I have caught lots of fish over 20lbs on them.I just wrap my line around them when i'm done sticking the hooks in the noodle.Advantage..i can carry them easily..store them easily.. and see them easily...Last tip..when night fishing i get glow sticks and activayte them and stick them in the top of the noodle..No more loosing them! try it guys! When wal-mart puts them on clearance you can get noodles for .50 cents.

12. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    if you catch them right... those 2.40 some odd noodles are $.70. or most dollar stores will have them for a buck a piece in the summer... not always the best quality but they do work well.

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Bigun I have seen those noodles at walmart that are set up for catfishing, just like jugfishing. I should have bought some about a month ago they were selling them pretty cheap, but I don't have a boat as yet so I passed. They seem as they would work realy good, with high visibility.