Fishing night of Friday July 4th - where?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CatSkinner, Jul 3, 2008.

1. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    My dad is coming up this weekend and I've been talking to him about catfishing for months. I know lots of folks will be setting off fireworks this weekend, but I'm more interested in catching fish Friday night.

I was thinking of taking him to Energy Lake. I've caught some small ones there, but I know others have caught some really nice ones. Does anyone know if they will be shooting off any fireworks? If so, what are our chances of catching anything.

I figure we'll get there about 4:00pm or so and may stay until midnight or so.

Is there some place else that might be better for fishing at that time? Fell free to make suggestions.

As always, I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
    Tony

p.s. Anyone else fishing that night around KY/Barkley lakes?

2. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Just talked to Griz.... he isn't aware of any fireworks in the area. Good to know!

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im taking the boat out on the Ohio river, anchor down and watch the Henderson/Evansville fireworks while fishing.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Might try Willow bay torwards demumbers bay for channels or tailwaters @ Barkley dam might get lucky if they are generating any . Seems like gate2 or 3 but they might shut it down at night . Could pick up some blues . :roll_eyes:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Wish I were fishing. Good luck to you and your father. Don't really matter if you catch anything, just enjoy the time together.