Fishing Neuse on Oct 7th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by JAYNC, Oct 2, 2005.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Anyone want to go fish the Neuse on Oct 7th let me know. I am going to the Ft Barnwell area, and going downriver about 3 1/2 miles. If that spot doesnt work I am going to go up to the Grifton area.

2. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    how far of a drive is that for me. i might try to come up there when i get off and see some of your spots. let me know something. thankx

3. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    To my house it is about 125 miles or roughly 2hrs 20 minutes. Then to the spot it is about 45 minutes.

4. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Jay, me and Ponykilr actually know a guy that lives in Newbern and he has invited us to fish with him sometime. We talked about it today actually.

5. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Cool, well you guys are welcome also. I can use company, sometimes it gets really boring by yourself on the river.

6. katfsh1

katfsh1 New Member

State:
    Dixon
    Wish i lived closer!! I also release all my cats that are ten and up. Heck, I release just about ALL of my cats! I just love to catch em!

Take it easy

7. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I dont think I have had catfish for dinner in about 8 years. Maybe I will keep one, once in a while but thats only if I happen to gut hook the fish.

8. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    We'll keep a small one or two sometimes if we get ready to eat some, but mostly we release 'em all. I have some in the freezer right now from a trip to Santee Cooper. The guides pretty much keep them all up there. The biggest we caught was only 15 lbs.

9. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I think with all the attention those lakes have been getting in the last 5-6 years has taken a huge toll on the cats down there. If the guides are keeping all the fish and they go out every day, then the fish wont have a chance to get big. Its not like the neuse there there are areas that are hardly ever fished, one of these times a state record will be pulled out of this river, just have to get lucky enough to catch it.