fishing near louisville

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Adam&Shannyn, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    anyone know anywhere in or around louisville. I would like to fish after work on days i get the evening off. Moved from Indiana and havent found many places that are public. Thanks

2. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    There's a LOT of public bank fishing along the Ohio River in Louisville. Cox Park is one spot, but there's a LOT of parks along the waterfront around Louisville. The Falls of the Ohio is really neat right across the bridge (IN will honor a KY license as long as you stay on the main river).

Louisville also has several small park ponds that are stocked by Fish & Wildlife, those are usually great for getting a line in on the way home from work in the evenings. Search for "FINS Lakes" on the KYDFW website for a complete list (FINS stands for Fishing In Neighborhoods).

Welcome to the BOC, and good luck!!! :)

3. jlawson435

jlawson435 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yea it can be great below at the Falls. Never know what you are going to catch. That is if the river ever gets to normal. Right now the gate are still open and it looks like Niagara Falls

4. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks to both of you. I'll definately search FINS and thanks for the advice on the ohio. Hopefully I can find a motor soon to get my boat back on water. Bank fishing stinks. Thanks again