Fishing Near Knoxville

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by goclemson, Apr 30, 2007.

1. goclemson

goclemson New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am a Clemson student who will be in Knoxville this summer for an internship. I am bringing my boat with me and I was wondering where the first place i should try and hook up with some cats should be. Which rivers or lakes should I try? thanks

2. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    ive always like ft loudon because its close ,lot of big cats in the lake .....doesnt make me travel far .....lol

3. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    First thing you need to know - you can't hardly catch a cat within 50 miles of Knoxville without wearing a UT ball cap!:eek:oooh: :tounge_out: :tounge_out: :wink: :lol: Welcome to the BOC!

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Greg, were glad your here!

5. goclemson

goclemson New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks guys, also... can I catch plenty of bait if I go out at night with lights and toss the cast net?

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC, your gonna love it, as far as bait goes I can't tell ya but I know somebody can.

7. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i don't like to take the boat out at night. a couple of years ago my freezer quit and i lost all my bait. i went to the city and county docks at night and caught plenty of bait with my cast net right around the docks.

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ft Loudon and Watts Bar lakes are very good for blue cats. good luck

9. goclemson

goclemson New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks, my first try may be the tennessee river

10. goclemson

goclemson New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hopefully I can pull some monsters out of there... I may also try the cumberland, being a lake fisherman though, this river fishing may be a little tough at first