Fishing near Cinncinati?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Ghosth, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I have a friend in Fairfield Ohio, who is wanting to get more into fishing. He's been fishing at a paylake

Anyone have local knowledge of better or free locations for Catfish, or carp in his area?

I've been trying to get him interested in trying the local river. Is that the Miami that flows between Hamilton and Fairfield, ends up joining the Ohio by Shawnee Lookout park?

Any information on locations and local tactics would be greatly appreciated.

2. autogyroenthusiast

autogyroenthusiast New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, that is the Great Miami River.
    Heritage Park on River Road has Great Miami River access. Sometimes there will be pools developed off the main flow with literally hundreds of carp swimming around and anxious to take your corn or dough for a run. He could also try the dam across from Miami University in Hamilton. Channels, flatheads, carp, bass, saugeye and more there. I've had luck both right near the water flow and also farther downstream where the current slows and pools. Winton Woods and Sharon Woods are not that far either and have plenty of cats and carp. Good luck!

3. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Thank you AutoGyro, information forwarded on.