Fishing Moultrie with Night Crawlers

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by aquafuzz, Aug 10, 2006.

1. aquafuzz

aquafuzz New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    New the BOC. Just started fishing Moultrie and been skunked every time. Whats the best rig or bait for cat at the south end bt short stay?

I been using night crawlers but no luck. I been just doing the hit and miss fishing since I dont know the lake.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    William

2. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Try blue back herining or white perch

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Herring seems to be BOSS in SC. I have fished a few lakes there and that seems to be the bait of choice. Bream cut and whole work well also.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    William, I'm glad to see you made it to the BOC. :big_smile: You'll be welcomed here by some of the best catfishermen around. I'm leaving in a few minutes to go back to lake moultrie, where Catfishrus, Chrisblue, and Foxhound are also fishing today.
    Take time to look through the forum. There is tons of good info here. Read through some of the threads for santee cooper in the 'south carolina' forum and you'll find some tips. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon sometime, and will be glad to answer any of your questions the best I can.

Oh, what Brandon & Benji said, until I get back. Later.....

5. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Definitley cut herring or even live shad. The shad works well up to about 10 pounds for me but those things are hard to keep alive. You can always use bream cut or live. Man they should tear up worms, any sized fish!

6. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I usually use a commercial grade carolina rig or drift rig. Look through the library to find the drift rigs.