Fishing Methods for Jet Skiers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Boomer, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I personally use a snagging hook on braided line. Would love to hear other ideas.....

2. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Never fished for jet-skis myself, but did hook a nice sailboarder one time. I was trolling two crankbaits for walleye, and a sail decided to run up my stern. He got both baits stuck in his board, and the last I saw he was trying to unwrap 12# trilene, with wet hands. It would have been funny if the cranks were cheaper. STRIKE THAT---it was funny anyway!!

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well on Windy days I like the 12/0, 4 ounce snagging trebles, early morning or evening I like the Top Water 14" Musky Jerk with the 4, 6/0 trebles hanging under it, Have always had better luck with the surface plugs early and later in the days...both are generally thrown on a 9' heavy ugly stick with 80# Spiderwire, spooled at 300 yards, have not had one "spool" the reel yet! :wink::smile2:

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds to me like a good set up.........Chumming works great also, coke and twinkies, little debbies......

And of course there is the old every day still fishing, usually attracts them, I think it is the site of a fishing boat, that turns them on......

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Actually, you don't need any treble hooks or anything like that. Just a looong cast a few seconds before the offender arrives; of course, you're holding your rod tip so that the line is just about neck high as he goes by. So sorry! I almost took a guy out of his boat with that technique at Pickwick one time.

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Never snagged a jetski. But I did see one hit by a tugboat. They was to drunk to get hurt, his buddy just tow him and the jetski back to the dock.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    take lead tape to the top of the pencil popper so it floats upside down. that way you can hook in to them better on the strike.
    jet ski recipes, anyone? i still can't figure out how to cook em!

8. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    6 oz. pyramid sinker, cast at high speed and incredible accuracy. It's tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it's a heck of a lot of fun!

Jetskis aren't that tasty, so I just bury them under my tomatoes.

9. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Great ideas fellows. Got me laughing and made me start to get my ammo ready for the next trip to the lake and the next jet ski.

10. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Treat 'em like Asian carp.When they get too close and annoying,pop 'em in the head with a heavy object,then you got some fine cut bait.

11. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Perhaps bow-fishing would be perfect for this:smile2:

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you all have your selfs some good plans there, lol but when you all try these things just give me aheads up first so I will know to stay off the water that day, whatever you do dont holler duck because if most people are like me they will look up.