Fishing Markland Sunday

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by ScottWiseman, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Kinda started this in another post, but me and a few members are going to fish the Ohio River from the bank at Markland Dam on Sunday if anyone wants to join up. Bank access is at the little park right there on the Indiana side of the dam off of 156. Not too far of a walk to get to the dam either. Come on out and say hi. Hope to see you there.

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Well it's not Markland but close. I fished at Craig's creek today. I went to Sgt Sissys and got some crappie minnows hoping to catch a few slabs with the cold front that has moved in. The first spot I came to I dropped out a minnow and down went the cork. I thought man this is great, a small crappie. Then I fished for an hour or two only catching one other fish and it was a large gill. Then I moved and and got a small hybrid striper on a minnow. I moved a couple of more times and ended up back at the first spot with some large shad, that I cast netted. I was busy fishing the stumps and such for crappie towards the bank and had all six of my cat poles tossed out in the deeper water. I ended up getting three channel cats before the day was over. Maybe I should stick to catting. Vern