Fishing LKN w/ Capt. Mac

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Jman, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Jman

Jman Member

State:
    NC
    My sons and myself joined Captain Mac on Friday morning. Altho the bite wasn't real hot we sure took back a great deal of practical fishing advise and technique. I went back to the same area (Marker 1a) Saturday and had a relatively good morning. I landed 8 fish, missed a couple and landed a nice 12 lb blue. I released the 12 lb fish and the others except for one lucky 3 lb blue who joined me for a late lunch! The only bait I had was some frozen shad and a couple bream. Working on catching some perch and ordering the special bait marinate the Mac told me about. A special thanks goes out to Capt. Mac Byrum for time spent fishing. Anyone who wants to learn to catch more fish will find fishing with Mac will put you on the fast track. Joel

Attached Files:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Joel sorry you didn,t catch many friday with Mac ,but it sounds to me like u got a lot more out of the trip than a lack of fish caught that one day .You got the knowledge to go back an catch you some at a later date. What you learned that day will last u a lot longer than a mess of fish would have .:wink::cool2::big_smile:

3. Jman

Jman Member

State:
    NC
    Your exactly right. I enjoy the thrill of catching big fish. Thats why I fish primarily for catfish and stripers. There's nothing better than the time spent with family and friends on the lake and river trying to hook up a good fish. There is a skill envolved in doing this. You have to be in the right place at the right time with the right bait and the right tackle to improve your chances and your luck. You can spend years trying to figure this out yourself or you can go to school with someone like Capt. Mac whos dedicated to helping others learn this. In the long run, it's a very small investment compared to all the money one will spend and time spent not catching fish without some help. I been skunked enough to know! Joel

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Macs a heck of a guy. I really enjoyed fishing with him....even though I think he purposefully kept us away from the flatheads in there:smile2::smile2::wink: