Fishing Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by pk_powell, Jul 31, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As you know I was on with ya all because I have a Zebco 733 that needed to be respooled. I use Cabela's alot to get my fishing supplys.I had purchased this 733 to go my innerflow rod.As I said before this rod doesn't have any guides,you tread the line thru a slot in the pole kinda like you place a bullet in the chamber of a rifle.It's classifyed as a Heavy rod and must be at least 8 foot long cause I can't place it in the trunk of my car. It is a single piece rod blank so I put it in the car beside me and tip to tip it touches my windsheild and back windshield,anyway on to the line I respooled with Berkley Big Game and the memory was so bad coming off the spool that I ended up with a terrible mess.I know I cant use a braid on it because of the way closed face reels are designed,but surely there is a line in the 25 -30 pound test range that doesn't have memory or am I mistaken? I odered some Omni Gold it was priced reasonable and if memory serves me corectly I believe it's on a 1000 yard spool,so I'd really like to have some replys if anybody knows anything about this line.I hate memory and I want something thats gonna cast long and smooth! Any thoughts from anyone will be greatly appreciated Thank you-------------Pat Powell(pk):0a31:

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Sounds like a pretty wild Rod.. I would love to see some pictures if you have any...
    I don't know of Omni Gold .. I do use the Berkley big game.. I noticed on a fress respook, it had alot of coils.. After several casts though (not many), they came right out and line is pretty straight now....

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tim I don't have a digital camera so can't help ya with pics but you can go to Cabela's on line and click on innerflow rods and you'll get a complete discription of it and pics. Take a peek and enjoy. I like it alot! pk:big_smile:

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    That is just wild.. I have never seen them before. I wonder how they hold up to BIG fish...

Sorry to hi-jack your thread.. Can anyone help with info on Omni Gold!! :roll_eyes:

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    If the memory is bad then respool it and this time hold the line so it comes off the side of the spool. This way the line will lay more natural on the spool of the reel.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You are going to have real bad memory problems on any reel that you put big line on a small spool.
    Try dropping back to a 17-20 pound line like P-Line or Silverthread if you can find it. The results will be alot better.