Fishing line - What kind do you use?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by matt, Mar 1, 2006.

1. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    The other day i was fishing had about five poles each one had different line on them. Only had 1 good bite that day and it was on a pole that i had Cajun Red line on it. It was a 23 pound blue cat. Why kind of fishing line do yall use?

Attached Files:

2. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    I like berkley big game myself. I have used Ande and just recently I tried some spiderwire stealth on a bass pole that I have but I always seem to go back to big game.

3. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Power pro or spiderwire

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Big Game is all I use as it seems to hold up quit well and the tip's I repace every year belong to the braid guys....

5. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    Berkley Big game for 80% of my fishing. Power Pro for the other 20% and only for certain conditions and applications.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have cajun line on all my reels,i like it alot at least the 20# test anyway i thought the 30# was like a slinky but i just might have gotten a bad spool.But its tough as nails and ive never had one break me off,its good stuff.

7. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    30 lb spiderwire for catfishing, and Stren 17 lb or a little smaller for regular old fishing. They seem to hold up fine, and the spiderwire dosn't get frizzy when it hits a rock or something like that. They are pretty good buys.

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Spider wire in 50lb test and berkley big game in 20 and 30lb test. They have both worked great for me. And I have had no damage to my guides from the spider wire.

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Berkley Big Game.

10. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I use Big game on all my cat rods and I use 6lb suffix for my panfish.

11. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    have about 50-50 Cajun Red and Big Game. Both working quite well.

12. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I am using about 6 different brands of line this year just because everyone says their line is good. As for mono my preference for many years has been Excaliber,made by Silver thead. And as for braid my preference is Magibraid.

13. sinjin

sinjin New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is my first post on this site and just wanted to say there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and look forward to learning and contributing in the forums.

As far as fishing lines for cats, I prefer using Applaud's Lazer Metal or Sunlines IGFA mono line series. As far as # rating, that depends on the body of water being fished and how large the cats are. I usually don't use anything higher than 10# since most of the cats where I fish don't get that big and are usually hooked in open, debris free waters. However, I have plans on using Spiderwire Stealth later on this year. I think 20#/ 6# braid should do the trick.

14. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    ive had real good luck with berkley big game.

15. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    There's a lot of good line out there.....My personal favorite is Ande 30# test..I use it on my Big Abu's ..It's got a hell of a casting distance....On my abu 6500's I use the red cajun 25lb..I just recently started using it ..so far i'm happy with it..It's landed about 3 fish 20 lbs and several smaller...:)

16. BoCaHoLiC

BoCaHoLiC New Member

State:
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Sinjin, welcome to the BOC. :)

17. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC Sinjin. I'm still the oddball in here. I like the Berkley, flouresant blue, 20lb., and I also like using Mason braid, 27lb on my 7000, and 18lb on my 6500. The Berkley 20lb is on my two 6000, and 4lb on the two ultra lights.

18. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    I'm using Gorilla Braid and Power Pro right now. Haven't had enough comparison yet to see which one I like the best.
    Rat

19. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Love red cajin 20-30lb,tough as nails,Berkly big game is second choice and casts a little better than cajin I think

20. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I use all kinds of line from prower pro to fireline, power pro is 20 # the fireline is 30#. the mono line i'm using on the baitcasters is south bend.. i have 17# 20# and 25# line in the south bend stuff, that stuff was really cheap .88 cents a spool ya spose i'll pay for that later when fishing?