fishing line on a Zebco pro staff 888

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cathunter600, Nov 15, 2008.

1. cathunter600

cathunter600 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I'm going to respool the line on mine. Which one should i use red cajun or berkley big game in green.

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Either one would me a good one

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    both are good lines and then it becomes a matter of choice

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Which ever you like best.Personally I like BG Green.

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have B.G. solar on mine , seems to work O.K.

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Go for the big game. My experiences with cajun red have been less than fun.

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Years ago Zebco had a man who traveled around to Zebco dealers and repaired Zebco reels for a small fee.If it was not repairable,you got a new reel for a small fee.This man told me that "Zebco reels were designed for and were strung with Stren line"."If you have trouble with your line on a Zebco,try Stren".I did.

I saw the above post last week and E-Mailed Zebco.I asked them what line they recommended to re spool with the original line.Below is the response that I received today.

"We do not recommend any name brand lines--we do,however,recommend that you use a "good quality" monofilament".

It looks as if Zebco now has it's resident lawyer answering it's mail whenever contacted.

It was nice when they made a product that did not require the hiring of a lawyer to answer any questions about it!

We all know that the line they spool their reels with has a manufacture.They did not use to hide the name of it.It makes me wonder if it is on a Chinese made chemical impregnated recall list.They may not even have a idea of what their reels are spooled with from day to day.A sleazy answer at best in my belief.

8. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    big game is fine line the fish in my gallery was on 12# big game it was in the 20 pound range

9. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    There are a lot of good lines out there. Some have a smaller dia. like AN40. And with a smaller dia. line get get more line on and the smaller line casts better and further. So it still boils down to what you really like in color or size. You are the one that will be using it. I have used braid on one of my 888 and it work out nicely. More line and heaveier and casted great too.